Drizzt Do'Urden, Red Box Games Miniature Conversion from Yvander HalfBlood

cookjimjr

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I especially loved the part where he got eaten by trolls, resurrected, blasted by fireballs, resurrected, and then captured by Lloth to serve as her mindless evil minion for all eternity while his soul was subdivided into larvae and traded on the bloodwar market by Night Hags.

Oh, wait, that was in my fanfiction. "Drizzt Gets His Comeuppance" by Buglips D. Goblin.

PS - the goblins totally won and took over Bruenor's dwarf hall. They drank goblin beer from the skulls of his people and made Guenhwyvar give them rides.

Buglips, I'd read this book in a heartbeat, and give copies to all my friends.

On topic - that mini shows some impressive commitment to the source material - the added tunic notches are a nice touch that I would have missed if you hadn't pointed them out. I like your color scheme better, though - those blues are stunning.

• Like 1

@Jim I think you did an amazing job, and portrayed Drizzt at his best before he became watered down and awful (my opinion, I know many love him).

@Buglips I'd absolutely buy a copy of that fanfic, especially if you agree to do a signing.

Awesome work ::):

Was this mini only available through their kickstarter?

Unfortunately this Red Box Games Figure is no longer available. I purchased him 2 years ago and broke him out only last year when the Drizzt idea came to mind. He was still available over the summer months though, but you would have to ask Tre if he plans on bringing him back.

Well that is rather nice, conversion and painting both, yep a damn fine job indeed.

Not a big fan of the saturated blue but that is more a personal call than a criticism, very groovy :;):

I guess I just wanted to have him personalized just a bit, so instead of the muted blue as on the book cover, I went with sapphire blue instead. I thought it would brighten the yellows and reds and stand out against the Peacock Green cape.

Hey great conversion on ol' Drizzt! Very clean, love the Twinkle and IcingDeath! I just started reading the newest RA Salvatore Drizzt trilogy, so this really hit home.

Thanks for posting.

SK

Thanks and I am glad you noticed the scimitars were different. Since they were exactly the same when I started it was fun coming up with ways to make them different when finished. I hope you enjoy the books. I look forward to anything new from R.A. Salvatore. Darn good writer.

• Like 1

Hello all! Here is one I just finished up yesterday evening. This is for Buglips since I know Drizzt is his favorite Forgotten Realms Character :;):

<_<

Yes, I especially loved the part where he got eaten by trolls, resurrected, blasted by fireballs, resurrected, and then captured by Lloth to serve as her mindless evil minion for all eternity while his soul was subdivided into larvae and traded on the bloodwar market by Night Hags.

Oh, wait, that was in my fanfiction. "Drizzt Gets His Comeuppance" by Buglips D. Goblin.

PS - the goblins totally won and took over Bruenor's dwarf hall. They drank goblin beer from the skulls of his people and made Guenhwyvar give them rides.

But still, even if it is a Drizzt, you did a neat job.

LOL - I'm not a fan of those characters, either. Though I always have a friend around who would like something like this painted up.

Solid work sir!

I wish I could get past my dislike of Drizzle to really appreciate your work, but alas I cannot.

The fact that buglips is a fanboy disturbs me. What will Cobra Commander and the Baroness say?

Whoa, whoa, whoa . . . now there ain't no need to be personally insulting a goblin here. I'm not a fan of Drizzt, I'm a fan of Drizzt being eaten, mauled, tortured, humiliated, and enslaved to evil. (Also Elminster, I really like to torture Elminster)

There's a difference. It's kind like how my Twilight fanfiction went: "And Edward went out into the sunlight, where he promptly burst into flame and died screaming in agony before Bella's eyes. At which point she thought for a moment, and said: 'is anybody else suddenly really hungry for bacon?'"

• Like 1