Sign in to follow this  
Heisler

First Citizen of Calamity

I know some of you are thinking does he ever paint anything? I do, I am, but since they are competition pieces I won't show them off yet. However, I did paint up the first official painted miniature for my town of Calamity. This is Reaper's Female Huckster from their Savage Worlds line #59025. She should make a great gambler and if I decide that we will be playing Deadlands, the Weird West, on the Calamity board then she can actually be a Huckster (think wizards with cards as the material component).

I actually painted her up for a local painting competition mostly to support the store. She took first place, but don't get to excited about that there were only a total of 5 entries. Hopefully it will help the store competition will grow. I'm not sure she would have even made the first cut at Genghis Con or Tacticon. She's a good solid table top paint job. You will probably see a lot of her in the future since she is currently the only painted semi-western figure that I own. Of course there are a lot of unpainted citizens of Calamity waiting in the wings.

I'm not terribly happy with the base since its so lopsided, it painted up really well but it looks a little weird. I'll take her off of this base at some point and put her on one of the lower profile bases that I have.

Huckerster.2.jpg

Huckerster.1.jpgHuckster.5.jpg

• Like 11

I really like her, Her hair, the dress and the especially the Cards turned out great.

I like the base top, but the angle does draw to much attention to itself. If you can clean up the lip edge and level it out,it will be really fantastic.

I love hucksters and you did a great job with her. I especially like the stocking. She looks great standing next to one of your buildings, but she must be lonely in the town by herself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nos4ah2
      I am completely new to the whole process. It's been about 37 years since I painted the old D&D figures. After seeing the talent that is on this forum, it took a while for me to post something. This is my first Reaper figure and I learned plenty about the quality of paints for starters. Anyway, the only way to learn is to listen to those who know. So, here it goes! Appreciate any guidance.

I'm a Reaper addict!
    • By Citrine
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/764802981/shaintar-thundering-skies-rpg-campaign?ref=discovery
      About this project
         Shaintar is a rich and detailed fantasy setting, loved by gamers for decades. A few years ago, excitement built around the idea of a shared experience in Shaintar which would shape the very world itself. Sean Patrick Fannon's living campaign was born: Justice & Life. We'll talk more about this later.
         About the same time, Savage Mojo helped Sean run a Kickstarter to create an amazing variety of source material for Shaintar. While Sean had to step back from much of the project, Savage Mojo took over the realm of Shaintar, allowing our friend to focus on other parts of his life while still being involved in the creative process.
         In January 2017 we delivered the last of the 26 books in that Kickstarter. Guidebooks for kingdoms and cities, reports on organizations (both good and evil), short adventures and... but where was the killer campaign book, the epic story line for an epic fantasy world?
         That's where the living campaign comes in. Those gaming groups have been running epic story arcs non-stop, and it's time to bring some of those into the spotlight. With your help we're going to publish their first, amazing story arc for everyone to enjoy, and have you tell the story for yourselves in your own way.
         This is Shaintar's first plot point campaign, complete with Savage Tales and all the trimmings.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/savage-worlds-adventure-edition?ref=discovery

About
      The new Adventure Edition of the best-selling, multiple-award winning "Fast! Furious! Fun!" Savage Worlds Roleplaying Game! We've taken everything we've learned over the last 15 years...all the feedback you've given us via our forums, social media, store, convention, and personal play...to make it faster, more furious, and more fun!
      We're especially proud that this version combines the tactical nature of the original system with the best elements of narrative play.
      Every aspect of the game has been reviewed and playtested, from all new Chase rules to Setting Rules, Edges & Hindrances, character creation, powers, creatures, and more.
      This is also the most beautiful version of the game we've ever done, with full-color chapter headers and interior pages by incredibly talented artists from all over the world.
      For the first time ever we've also got a deluxe box of all the essential accessories players and Game Masters ask for...a brand new Oversize Action Deck, official Savage Worlds Bennies, dice, GM screen, Power and Status Cards, and more!
      Reward Levels
      The levels below include all digital Stretch Goals. Physical Stretch Goals will note their Reward level.
      The BEST DEAL is Ultimate, which includes the Essentials Boxed Set, a hardback of the Core Rules, AND the leatherette Collector's Edition for $200 (a savings of $40...you get a regular edition copy of the rules for free!).
      For the first time EVER...a true Savage Worlds Collector's Edition!
      This incredible version of the core rules will only be offered here on Kickstarter!*
      It features a black leatherette cover with golden metal grommets, embroidery around the embossed logo, and matching corner protectors on each outside edge.
      Three bookmark ribbons are included to mark your place in the book during play, in red, black, and gold.
      The Collector's Edition also features an interior signing plate (where Savage Worlds creator Shane Lacy Hensley will sign) plus room for any other Savage Worlds authors, contributors, and friends you want to add as you meet them at conventions around the world!
      * Returns and any leftovers will be offered as available on our website or at conventions as circumstances allow.
      Kickstarter Exclusive Signed Collector's Edition!  
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)