My Bony Hordes

Teskal

Here is the 02705: Skeletal Dragon:

I'm working on the base in the moment and the dragon will get some highlightings.

I think I need to make a picture of the wings, the colors of it are not good visible in the moment.

skeletaldragon1.jpgskeletaldragon2.jpg

On the left side are two Flesh Golems I got few days ago. Still not painted...

Few skeletons. Metal! :-)

skeletonsx.jpg

I think that they could need little highlighting...

The first 4 archers needed to much time, so I use my army painter bone primer for the next ones.

I have from Ral Partha some mounted skeletal archers. There are 9 Archers and one in armor with a spear. The others are waiting on the top of my paint station. Several non-mounted, not photographed reaper skeletons are coming, too.

mountedskeletalarchers.jpg

I will paint the skeletons, during paint jobs like my Ogre Chieftain. Sometimes I like to have something other to do, if a paintjob need little longer...

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 5

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Quickshade you can get fast tabletop standard results and the miniature is protected. It works like a glossy varnish. I used "Strong Tone" for my skeletons.

"Dark Tone" is more Black

"Strong Tone" is brown, more dark brown

"Soft Tone" is good for brighter colors like white or yellow

You can see different usages on the army painter gallery.

Don't dip, use always a brush.

Work from the top to the bottom and remove parts of it where is to many of it. If not, it will flow down and you get more bigger dark parts where it's gathering.

Disadavantages:

- The Brush cannot be cleaned with water. I use Nail cleaner for it.

- 24 hours to wait until you can proceed with the miniature

- glossy look, you need a matt varnish

- it is a varnish, so it will smell like it

Vallejo has 3 different tones of 200ml washes for dipping, don't use try to dip it, it would ruin your miniatures.

Edited by Teskal

Little update of my todays paintings:

First I removed the skeletons, because the painting is easier without painting around the skeletons...

skeletonsunmounted.jpg

The Skeletons before I put Strong Tone Quickshade on them:

skeletonsbevorquickshad.jpg

After the Quickshade:

skeletalriders1.jpgskeletalriders2.jpg

Here are some other skeletons I painted after them, today:

skeletons2.jpg

My favorite Skeleton is the following one, because I like the pose:

skeletonc.jpg

These Fighters got bone primer, litlle painting and quickshade. For Tabletop, it would be enought. I think I will tomorrow evening little highlighting. If I'm in the mood...

Edited by Teskal

With Quickshade you can get fast tabletop standard results and the miniature is protected. It works like a glossy varnish. I used "Strong Tone" for my skeletons.

Don't dip, use always a brush.

Work from the top to the bottom and remove parts of it where is to many of it. If not, it will flow down and you get more bigger dark parts where it's gathering.

Disadavantages:

- The Brush cannot be cleaned with water. I use Nail cleaner for it.

- 24 hours to wait until you can proceed with the miniature

- glossy look, you need a matt varnish

- it is a varnish, so it will smell like it

I use throw away brushes. 30 for $1.99 at Hobby Lobby, less if you use the 40% off one item coupon. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/small-tempera-paint-brush-set-367367/

Throw away brushes are a good idea. I will throw my brushes away in 1-2 days after I got new ones. Ok, not really, some I can use for drybrushing and varnishing.

I tried very cheap brushes for such work, but had the problem that they loose very often 'hairs' (bristles?).

I checked the link, and I think I bought such brushes to in germany some time ago, I think the next quickshading I will try with these.