Game & Gears Pro Studio Kolinsky Sable brushes

Nocturne

Game & Gears Pro Studio Kolinsky Sable brushes

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554355176/games-and-gears-pro-studio-brushes'>http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554355176/games-and-gears-pro-studio-brushes

Double headed brushes, sizes 000, 00, 0, 1 & 2.

Funding reached already

All levels are limited, set of 5 brushes (1 of each) is £25/$40

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still one set of 5 for £15 left, if you hurry.

EDIT: Aaaand it's gone.

Anyone know anything about the quality of this company's products? I've never heard of them.

Also note that estimated delivery is April of this year, and they're sending them out in waves, so if you get in early, you're likely to get them right after your Bones show up, assuming they stick to their schedule. :;):

Edited by Slendertroll

I honestly don't know anything about the company, the only other mention I could find of them was a previous unsuccessful Kickstarter for painted gaming boards. With the early bird prices it seemed like one of those that was worth jumping in to now and figuring out whether to stay later.

The schedule seems reasonable as every level is limited to meet produciton.

-

It's UK based but postage is free to the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealend.

EDIT: The company is going to be at TempleCon demoing the brushes. It runs next weekend, 1st to 3rd, so hopefully will get to hear something about the brushes from others around then.

Edited by Nocturne

If I remember right all the UK Kickstarters are just direct card payment, Amazon is only on the US Kickstarers.

EDIT: Yeah, just checked another UK one and it goes straight to card details, no Amazon payment for UK kickstarters.

Edited by Nocturne

Just to clarify as a couple of comments seemed to be saying something different, when I go in to pledge, it gives me the message "Your card will not be charged at this time. If the project is successfully funded, your card will be charged £30.00 when the project ends."

So, even though it asks for credit card info instead of using Amazon, the process seems otherwise identical.

I'm with Heisler on this one, the quality of the brushes are hard to judge since no one has used them, and even If they demo them, it's hard to say how well they would hold up over a long period. I like my Windsor newton brushes too much. And unless they come with some kind of protective cap, I see 1 end getting messed up.

I've just gone for the £15 set, I'm not a productive enough painter to keep extras on hand, and besides, they're double ended, I'm kind of getting two sets anyway!

I would have gone for the £30 if I'd missed the early bird though, as it's only £5 moer than the regular price for a whole other set of brushes.

The £30's re defiantely going slower, still 47 of the 100 left at time of writing

And unless they come with some kind of protective cap, I see 1 end getting messed up.

There's a protective cap for each end.

Edited by Nocturne