Game & Gears Pro Studio Kolinsky Sable brushes

Nocturne

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is one I wish I had gotten in on. Looks like a great deal. I did get a Winsor & Newton Series 7 set of 5 sizes 0-4 for $40 from Dick Blick for christmas, but these sure look neat and definitely got good value with it looks like 9 brushes, soap and towel for $40? Verrry nice. This is one kickstarter I wouldn't have been able to pass up on!

Mine arrived in Western Mass. yesterday, haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but the quality looks pretty decent. Of the 9 brushes I got, I don't have any with fraying or anything right out of the box.

I haven't gotten my second wave yet, but I *finally* sat down and painted up the Bones Giant Spider using my first set. From a noob perspective they did well. I only used the #2 for basecoat, then #000 for fine edging along all the highest raised parts of the spider, as well as the eyes (used the reaper flat #2 from LTPK for drybrush in between) and they held points well. I'm happy with them but I cannot compare them to other high end brands. I figure once I wear all of these out I might actually be good enough at painting minis to compare them to other brands. :P

• Like 1