Boats

Brian Swartzmiller

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@jordan something simple that say a three man party would use to go down river. I am building a diorama that will have my party at a campsite preparing to attack something haven't figured that out yet, but I got killer ideas for my campsite, now I just need to find a descent boat the boat is more or less scenery by the campsite to show how the arrived. while I am at it do you have any ideas on bedrolls? only thing I can't figure out unless I just buy fabric and make my own....Thanx for your help in advance I appericate it

Try the minature building authority http://www.miniaturebuildingauthority.com/products.asp?cat=Inventory+Reduction+Sale They have a row boat for $15 at this time. Or they have Longboat with Mast and Sail for $21. I went looking there because I thought that was where I got my resin bedrolls. I did not find them on it's site.

anyone know where I can find a small boat that would be the same scale as reaper mini's?

. . . I am building a diorama that will have my party at a campsite preparing to attack something haven't figured that out yet, but I got killer ideas for my campsite, now I just need to find a descent boat the boat is more or less scenery by the campsite to show how the arrived. while I am at it do you have any ideas on bedrolls? . . .

One time I needed landing craft for a Warhammer Scenario. I needed them fast. I bought a few wooden plaques at Hobby Lobby and I decked them with craft stick planks. I ended up with little boat shaped platforms about seven inches long and three inches wide with planked flush decks. (It beat using movement trays as 'rafts' ...) It was quick and dirty.

Visit Hobby Lobby raid the wood aisles...

...they got all sorts of stuff. If you took more time you could improve on what I did pretty easily.

Bedrolls: mixup some greenstuff, spread into a thin sheet, roll up into a bedroll, add wrinkles, lashings...

Tent Cloth/Unrolled Bedrolls: Paper towels cut to size and permeated with white glue. This brand is really excellent: http://www.vivatowels.com/ there is next to no weave or dimple patterns. After it is permeated and stiffened with glue it takes paint well. Here is a sample of some tents http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/competitions/entry.php?id=574 made with a variation of the technique.