Reaper Con 2013 Hotel Information

Reaper Ron

• Reaper User

Howdy!

As Reaper Con grows bigger and bigger each year, it only makes sense that we will need additional lodging and event space for our attendees. So, we are pleased to announce our new partnership with the Hilton Garden Inn in Denton, Texas.

This is not to say that we have cut ties with the Best Western Lake Dallas. Not at all! We just want to give our attendees options when it comes to lodging for Reaper Con. Sunny Patel has always been a great partner of ours and we intend to continue that partnership.

So, in a nutshell…

Hilton Garden Inn – rate of $89.99 per night (price includes full breakfast buffet and free shuttle to and from Reaper HQ). You must use the code RMI to get the discounted rate, and you must do this by April 4, 2013. You can find more info regarding the Hilton here.

Best Western Lake Dallas – rate of $69.99 per night (price includes continental breakfast, no shuttle service). To get the $69.99 rate, you must call the Best Western directly (940-497-1007) and tell them you are with Reaper Con. If you book a room online, you may not get this discounted rate. At this time there is not shuttle service. You can find more info regarding the Best Western here.

We’d also like to announce that we will be holding some Reaper Con events at the Hilton. As attendance increases and space becomes a premium, we will be holding some events offsite. For example, this year’s Warlord tournament will be held at the Hilton, as well as most of our Pathfinder Society events. More details as they become available.

We know that our attendees have classes and other events at Reaper HQ, so we will be running shuttles to and from the Hilton on a regular basis. We don't want you to miss anything. ::):

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

No, no shuttles to/from DFW. They have referred me to Pollard Car Service. Their rates from their website look like this:

Denton Airport Rates

$65
$2.50 for additional people of over first guest
$5 for additional terminal Drops
$.50 per minute after first 15 minutes grace time period waiting

http://www.pollardcarservice.com/

ReaperRon,

Is there a way to get the full layout or full schedule or full locations of events published soon? I come to ReaperCon for the gaming primarily but I want to make an informed decision on where to stay for convienance. I would like to know what other events will be held at the HGI. This may cause me to switch my reservation.

Lue.

• Like 1

Yah I'd hate to stay at the BW & then have events at both Reaper HQ & HGI.

Kinda throws a wrench into things. I'm hoping most of the events happen at Reaper HQ but the recent years have shown that the building does have limited space & the Con did need to expand eventually.

Again, I hope that most of the Con that I wanna do is at RHQ as I'm not coming to Texas just stay at a hotel for most of the time I'm there. ^_^

STUPID QUESTION TIME!!!!

Does HGI charge immediately when you reserve with advanced purchase?

I'd really hate to reserve & then find out that I don't have enough cash in my bank & get smacked with a overcharge......

again, I've never stayed at a HGI so I have no clue.

thanks

RM

It would be good to know if there are a lot of events happening at the Hilton - especially for people who may be relying on others for rides.

I totally understand not having enough space. I just want to know if I'd better rent a car once I'm there to get around.

• Artists

Ron mentioned in the post that they will be running a shuttle between the Hilton and Reaper HQ throughout the day as they understand that people will be interested in activities at both locations. Also, if you stay at the Hilton and use the shuttle, that means that you don't have to deal with the limited parking availability at HQ. If you'd like the flexibility of doing everything on your own time or going out for meals and so on, you might want to rent a car. If you're okay with the idea of the shuttle and occasionally reaching out to other people for a ride, you'll probably be okay without. (Though this is the first year of splitting up events between two locations, so it's hard to say for sure. Also while it's a bit scary and potentially a little less convenient, it's also a sign that the con is increasingly successful and full of fun!)

• Like 1

With advance purchase, they will charge immediately (hence the name). There is no refund or changes possible with advance purchase. I stayed at the HGI Denton last year for ReaperCon with an advance purchase reservation and was charged immediately.

A normal reservation will be charged upon check out.

Ron

Edited by vutpakdi

With advance purchase, they will charge immediately (hence the name). There is no refund or changes possible with advance purchase. I stayed at the HGI Denton last year for ReaperCon with an advance purchase reservation and was charged immediately.

A normal reservation will be charged upon check out.

Ron

So then if you book directly with the hotel using the group code, you should not be immediately charged, correct?

Lue.

Ron mentioned in the post that they will be running a shuttle between the Hilton and Reaper HQ throughout the day as they understand that people will be interested in activities at both locations. Also, if you stay at the Hilton and use the shuttle, that means that you don't have to deal with the limited parking availability at HQ. If you'd like the flexibility of doing everything on your own time or going out for meals and so on, you might want to rent a car. If you're okay with the idea of the shuttle and occasionally reaching out to other people for a ride, you'll probably be okay without. (Though this is the first year of splitting up events between two locations, so it's hard to say for sure. Also while it's a bit scary and potentially a little less convenient, it's also a sign that the con is increasingly successful and full of fun!)

Thanks Wren. The only challenge to this plan is that there is no shuttle between Reaper and the Best Western. So, if you are staying there, you may have some challenges if you are sharing/don't have your own car.