Reaper Con 2013 Hotel Information

Reaper Ron

• Artists

True, but then that was always true. The potential issue is whether enough attendees will be drawn off to the new location that people choosing to stay at the BW will find ride shares harder to find. (A question which has been on my mind since my guess is the artists will continue on at BW, and sometimes I like to cadge rides from other people. ;-> But I'm figuring it'll all work out one way or another.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just called HGI & they sent me to their adv. reservation help desk & they confirmed just like Vutpakdi said, that if you book with advanced reservation you'll get charged 24 to 48 hours after you get your confirmation of the booking. Something to think about for those with not enough cash to book right now.

For those that haven't looked, standard rate with the RMI Code is 109 per night (thou it jumped to 129 on Sat & Sun.......).

Also anyone that has booked with HGI: Has anyone experienced a hold from HGI on their card? Just curious as it says it might.

(aghhh, no probs booking with BW)....

Food for thought on a Sunday morning....

RM

Ok I just called HGI & they sent me to their adv. reservation help desk & they confirmed just like Vutpakdi said, that if you book with advanced reservation you'll get charged 24 to 48 hours after you get your confirmation of the booking. Something to think about for those with not enough cash to book right now.

For those that haven't looked, standard rate with the RMI Code is 109 per night (thou it jumped to 129 on Sat & Sun.......).

I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by "advance reservation"?

Advance purchase is just the pre-purchase rate available to anyone. Last I checked, that happened to be $89 / night.

The RMI rate should give you access to the block of rooms that Reaper reserved. I believe that rate should be $89 with breakfast and no advance purchase requirement. $109 sounds like the standard rate.

Trying to book online at hiltongardeninn.com with the RMI group code gives me a Reaper Miniatures rate with $89 / night and no mention of advance purchase.

Ron

Edited by vutpakdi

I'm on the HGI site/Denton hotel.

I get rate of stand 109 & advance 89 (with about a 20 dollar jump on Sat & Sun) with the RMI code. It's around stand 139 without.

EDIT: Ok I redid my search & came across the same site with what your seeing/saying. Only 1 rate for 89 dollars. What the heck did I first find then??? :unsure:

I think what I was doing was adding the RMI code after I looked for a available room. While it said I had the code on the side under Group Code it wasn't taking effect as it wasn't giving me anything Reaper on the nightly rate. What I did after Ron's post was went HGI.com & then added the code & then looked & it gave me the single rate of Reaper $89.00 per night (with no jump for the weekends, thanks!)

Anyways, no need to panic...........sorry folks...

Yes after you find the room you want, tell it you have a special code on the left and then enter RMI to get the $89 rate. I swapped my reservation over to the Hilton as I am not a morning person and crawling out of bed and stumbling into the game room sounds like a great deal to me :upside:

• Like 1

Well the past few years it has been around this:

Weds evening

around 6pm informal meet & greet with the early arrivals. I highly recommend this as its a great way to meet new people & get acquainted with old friends. Good eats too!!!

Thurs-Sat

Starts around 9 am & goes to either 11 or 12 (or when they kick you out, ha ha)

Sunday

(very laid back day)

Day usually ends around 3 or 4 as Reaper has to get set back up for normal operations Monday morning.

Of course there are after hours stuff that goes on either at the hotels or abroad. Overall a fun 4 days of gaming & just kicking back.

RM

I've moved my reservation over to the Hilton. If many of the games are being played at this hotel, it doesn't make sense to stay at the other one. Also, with the shuttle service, I still have an option of not renting a car this year.

I liked the Best Western but it just doesn't make much sense for me.

I've moved my reservation over to the Hilton. If many of the games are being played at this hotel, it doesn't make sense to stay at the other one. Also, with the shuttle service, I still have an option of not renting a car this year.

I liked the Best Western but it just doesn't make much sense for me.

Totally agree. While I have 2 games I'm planning on GM & I want to play in ReaperWolf's game at least 1 time this year I'm gonna try & not be at the HGI but always a good idea to near the centers of where RCon is actually gonna be this year.

RM

• Like 1

Sad to say that I cancelled my BW reservation. Hated to do it because I am very fond of loyalty. The thing that sold it for me was the fact that the gaming will be at HGI and rolling out of bed and being in teh gaming center seems like a good deal to me! HGI here we come!

Lue.

• Like 1