Reaper Con 2013 Hotel Information

Reaper Ron

Yup BW/Sonny & staff were great hosts.

Heck there was one year a group of us were "lit up" pretty good & we were meandering between rooms late at night & the desk guy saw us & just waved ::): + hey the BW was the only hotel not to have kicked us out, unlike La Quinta & Super 8....... :devil:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after talking it over with the wife, I think we will be switching to HGI as well, mostly for the shuttle, so if she starts to feel bad, she can just go and not have to wait on me to finish something up... I guess the last pertinent question concerning the shuttle will be, how often will it run?

• Reaper User

We've done a bit of reshuffling. We're going to keep the Warlord Tournament and the Pathfinder Society events at Reaper HQ. Even though it was very tight last year, we've managed to reconfigure the shop again to gain some more space without having to sacrifice moving some of our favorite events to the Hilton.

That said, we will be holding some other events at the Hilton. More on that in another post.

And, as it's been mentioned before, the shuttle service to the hotel is a huge time saver. I'd highly recommend parking at the Hilton and shuttling over to Reaper. Save yourself the time, expense, and parking hassle.

Shuttle schedule has not been finalized, but the thinking is that it will be every two hours. This could change, but we will do our best to accommodate everyone who needs/wants to get to and fro.

• Like 1

Interesting. I did some experimenting and discovered that I can get the King room at the group rate *unless* I want the Sunday night (which I do).

I may have to call the hotel when I get home this evening and see what's up.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Typically Sunday night is never considered a convention night at least for conventions that end on Sunday. You can probably convince them though to give you the group rate without much problem, especially if Sunday's are slow nights for them.

Typically Sunday night is never considered a convention night at least for conventions that end on Sunday. You can probably convince them though to give you the group rate without much problem, especially if Sunday's are slow nights for them.

The odd thing is that the group does apply to the queen/queen room on that night.

I just called them (realized they had a toll-free number that I could call from work) and boy was that an exercise in futility.

First answer I got was "the group rate only applies to the queen/queen room".

Then after I pointed out what I found on the web site the answer changed to "yes, the group rate applies to the king room but only for four nights." (thanks, I already figured that out what I asked was why is that the case).

After some back and forth during which I was interrupted several times the answer came down to "it has to do with our inventory".

I checked online and there are king rooms available on the Sunday night so I asked about that and was told "yes there are king rooms available that night".

So I followed up with the obvious question: If the room is available, why doesn't the group rate apply like it does with the queen/queen room? Answer: "it has to do with our inventory".

At this point I realized I had gotten myself into an infinte loop and politely ended the conversation.

Now, I was born and raised in tourism town; summer jobs at hotels were a staple of my youth. If I had ever acted that obtusely with a guest I'd have been fired. Twice.

I'm going to my happy place now for some calm reflection on that encounter before I make any decisions about how to proceed though the temptation right now is to write off the HGI entirely.

This is the Denton number:

1-940-891-4700

I called them late last month asking about advance booking, which in turn led me to a advance booking 800 number.

If anything if you get the extra queen, feel free to ask for a roomie. I know my first few years of RCon I'd solo the room & while I enjoyed it (as RCon is my getaway from the family vacation) the room mostly was used for showers & sleep (which is nice of course ^_^ ). A couple of years ago I decided to ask for a roomie & I can't believe how much it has made the trips so much better then before. A little extra cash + getting to know a fellow con-goer all the while.

RM

• Like 1