Sign in to follow this  
buglips*the*goblin

Countdown To KS Bones WIPs

By the time D&D came out, I'd been playing wargames for years. My parents were dubious about my spending all my money on SPI games earlier, though.

With my son, I'm happy if he can plan far enough ahead to avoid the, "Ooh, shiny! I must have it!" whenever he has $5 in his pocket. I'm willing to let him buy nearly anything as long as he plans it ahead of time.

• Like 3

I've tried with my son and siblings but no dice. (pun intended)

MY kid might still be redeemable. He opted to watch an episode of Stargate Atlantis over a bedtime story. Maybe when he has a little more control over his attention span we'll try tabletop again.

Oh my edlest is coming along nicely as a gamer, living in a town where the only person she can game with is me and her sister that doesn't want to be seen as enjoying our nerdly pursuits makes it tough.

on my first is the Kaladrax(im thinking Mr. Bones is going to modded to him) to paint and the demons to mod to make demon princes. then the giants as zombie/ghouls.

Edited by Exwilly

T-minus 45 days and counting!!! Excitement building! Bases ordered. Desk cleaned. Ordered new china cabinet so that current ' IKEA bookshelf aka makeshift china cabinet' can move to office/painting room to be used to hold Bones. Kitchen nook happy. Office happy. Bones soon to be happy. Wallet unhappy, but no one asked wallet's opinion anyway.

• Like 6

picking up some stuff from hobby lobby in the morning(i want to try those plastic files). i got nine more holes to fill in my paint case so i might pick up some more paint.

I've asked a few friends around ( includes new painters) and I'm thinking we start on anyone with guns then move on to some BBEG then may be onto some heroes . PAINT PARTY!!!!!!

• Like 1

In preparation for the arrival of my KS BONES goodies, I asked for a mini photo studio for Christmas from my parents. Due to in-climate weather here in Dallas and around the country on Christmas weekend, we had to postpone. Just this week we finally got to have our family Christmas get together. WHEEEEE!!! Gifts are always fun. This is the link I sent on my wish list.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-Photo-Studio-25-Light-Box-Kit-2-x-45W-Continuous-Lighting-Mini-Tripod-/150905295822#vi-content

That's what they got me! Haza! Honestly, is about twice the size and it's better quality than I anticipated. The studio actually folds up into a folio that has pockets and the camera tripod also has a pouch. The instructions are awful. The Engrish is much poor. Fortunately it's pretty intuitive so the instructions are not critical.

I have quickly assembled it and took a couple of test shots. These things make photo shooting so easy. Just gorgeous. This weekend I plan to reshoot may of my minis and I'll post up comparisons.

EDIT: I am going to have to iron the backdrops. They come folded and the creases are really bad.

Edited by DixonGrfx
  • Like 3

39 days?!! Are we ready? Well, are we?! Who's ready for Bones? Who wants to live forever? Because when our Bones arrive, we're never going to finish painting! Never! Can I get an Amen!

billy_graham.jpg

• Like 3