Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Wow! They're cancelling the P-65 Heavy Metal line

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47374-p-65-heavy-metal-miniatures-line-canceled/

I guess I'm not astonished. While cheaper than the lead-free pewter minis, the lead minis are still dealing with hazardous substances. And as far as cheaper than pewter alternatives go, it looks like Bones have lead beat all hollow.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but "surprised" is definitely not on the list. Like Pingo said, Bones have them beat all to hell in the inexpensive miniatures side of things, without losing any detail or play quality. Heck, I'd rather play with Bones than P-65... less worries about my mini deforming if it gets knocked over or something drops on the table. I've seen some pretty bad dice rolls wipe out sections of the battle mat before...

I do like that what money was there is being rolled into Bones. It's nice to see that, despite having expanded their line much further than originally planned (several years of growth in one Kickstarter), they're not content to rest on their Bony laurels.

Can always use more Bones...

I just snuck in one last order of these too! I wonder if this will eventually drive up the value of that line?

• Like 1

I just snuck in one last order of these too! I wonder if this will eventually drive up the value of that line?

Were any of them exclusive to P-65? If not, they're just regular Reaper minis with a different alloy mix, and metalheads aren't generally that picky about what kind of metal it is. So my guess is a big negative on the increase of value.

• Like 1

Were any of them exclusive to P-65? If not, they're just regular Reaper minis with a different alloy mix, and metalheads aren't generally that picky about what kind of metal it is. So my guess is a big negative on the increase of value.

This was my thought as well; I'm pretty sure the line was more or less exclusively reprints in the cheaper alloy, so you're not likely to see a big "collectible" kick off for them.

• Like 1

There were a few* models exclusive to P-65. Most of them will be transitioned to Bones (or already are via the Kickstarter) over the next year. There are a few duds that will probably not be made into Bones, that may or may not be transitioned to DHL.

*My brain says seven. It might be as many as ten.

I did not know that. Never ventured into that section much, and while there's stuff in there I didn't recognize there's a lot of Wralord and DHL SKUs I've never seen, either. Even if I have looked.

My god, there's just so much metal candy.

• Like 3

I was actually looking at the P-65s a couple of days back and wondering how much time it had. Bones can just do its job better.

If sworn metal enthusiast buglips isn't complaining, then it's not a problem for me, either.

• Like 1

I was actually looking at the P-65s a couple of days back and wondering how much time it had. Bones can just do its job better.

If sworn metal enthusiast buglips isn't complaining, then it's not a problem for me, either.

..oh dear. I suspect somebody hasn't been following buglips' Bones adventure thread...

• Like 1

*waits for the Bones silver and Brood dragons*

Our first priority is models exclusive to P-65. Then models that were shared by P-65 and one of our other lines that present a solid case for Bones production will be examined. Both of these figures are popular, and could probably increase in volume if made cheaper via Bones, so they are excellent candidates.

Having said that, I firmly believe there are over 1,000 excellent candidates of our nearly 4,000 figures, so nothing is being promised.

I actually never bought a -65. For me, the transition to tin was initially unwelcome but after I got used to it I'd look for high tin alloys over lead alloys, and got used to paying a premium for that. So if the same thing was a -65 or a more expensive tin, I'd pay extra for the tin.

Lead's heavy. Tin's lighter. Also I had old lead RAFMs, like their big drider, that would deform under their own weight over time.

edited for ekselent spelengs.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2