Wow! They're cancelling the P-65 Heavy Metal line

Pingo

I couldn't accidentally rub a face off.

That sounds like we should be gathering for Story Time with Buglips. How's that happen?

Since it's a lead thread, I suppose this isn't off-topic. With the old Partha lead mix the details were very frail and the lead was sometimes soft, and those miniatures also tended to be smaller - especially the pre-TSR era ones. As I've only recently begun mounting my miniatures to things, this meant that if I was twisting and turning a mini around in my hands I was creating friction. And, more than once, as I was twisting a character around to get at the feet that action would result in - at best - a smushed nose and at worst full facial deformity.

Yeah, I accidentally added a few "details" to more than one of my oldschool minis just by holding them in hand when I was modifying them (I used to sharpen their swords so they looked less like 2 x 4 planks) - some of them, you could literally carve them with your thumbnail...

Edited by Mad Jack

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Placed my order for my lead fix. Picked up:

Frulla will join my Frost Giant brethren and the while it says swamp dragon, he may become something more like a rock dragon with the way his scales are set.

And to hit my free shipping, I tacked on some of the monsters I don't have from the Bones line.

Like I needed more Bones. LOL

May I suggest that you add links to pewter or Bones models that are still available on the P-65 pages as they become unavailable? Where the order button used to be?

Something like "P-65 Uberfigure is no longer available. This model can be purchased as DHL Superfigure or Bones WayCoolFigure."

CAV to bones please! I wouldn't mind fielding a few dozen more of them at $3-4 per versus the $8+ for the metal ones. And since I normally play with my kids, having them in bones would be a huge PLUS!

I'd definitely buy bones CAV for my soon-to-be 3 year old to play with.

I am of mixed mind about this I like painting the metal minis infact with the exeption of a small plastic headstone from gw that I am working on all I have painted recently is metal.

Metals will still be available as Dark Heaven Legends, Chronoscope, Warlord, etc. P-65s were introduced due to rising tin costs in an effort to make more affordable metals available. But Bones really does the 'affordable minis' schtick a whole lot better, and the other metal lines offer a lot more selection than the P-65s did. It just doesn't really make sense for Reaper to use resources to expand that particular metal line.

That is rather a shame. While lead may be dangerous to those who enjoy chewing their minis, the heft of a lead mini & the ease of repositioning/converting is something I will miss.

With the Bones, while I like the possibilities that plastic minis offer, I have reservations of buying anything that involves products made in sweat shops.

That is rather a shame. While lead may be dangerous to those who enjoy chewing their minis, the heft of a lead mini & the ease of repositioning/converting is something I will miss.

With the Bones, while I like the possibilities that plastic minis offer, I have reservations of buying anything that involves products made in sweat shops.

Then you'll be pleased to know Reaper's moving production in-house. Foundation is laid, and the first machine should be installed after the kickstarter stuff goes out.

• Like 1

Then you'll be pleased to know Reaper's moving production in-house. Foundation is laid, and the first machine should be installed after the kickstarter stuff goes out.

I am delighted to hear that; AND my already high opinion of Reaper has gone up to new heights. WELL DONE!