Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Donkey Kong!?!?

Growing up in the 80's, I was a Gamer before I even started Kindergarden. Playing my Atari 2600 and my Uncle's Game Systems, I became an advid Gamer early on. One of those cherished early Memories is Playing Donkey Kong at my Uncle's house. Fast forward about 3 decades, I've stayed a fan of the classic Video Games and Retro Video Games like them. But I've added a few new interests to my Life, Role Playing Games and Miniature games. Also, I've become a rather decent Miniature Painter over the last decade. And now I can mix all of those Interests into one project...this one!

So, a little bit about the Mini in Question. Once a standard DDM Dire Ape, it was modified for me by Benoit of the Roving Band of Misfits Blog with help from the Guys at Going Last Blog and Podcast. I won a contest done by Benoit's Blog and gave him the Mini at GenCon 2011 just before the FourthCore Team Deathmatch. I got it back about 5-6 Months later fully modified. It is Awesome and I knew I needed a bit more skill to give Painting it a try. Well, that time is NOW!

All he has so far is Primer and a Base Coat. But I am determined to do my best. Wish me luck:) He be Spoilered for those with Questionable Inter-Webs quality.

100_1702_zpsb1313e13.jpg

100_1703_zpsdfda74e8.jpg

Is this the same Generic Fighter that did a lot of DDM trading with me on the WotC forums back in the day?

Adrift,

Well, I'm the only Generic Fighter I know of, so yes I must be. And I did do a lot of trading back in the day on WotC's, MaxMinis and Hordelings Forums, too.

Marsya,

A good suggestion! Finding a good Mario might be beyond my ablities at the moment. But sounds like a future project to me!

Well, I've finally gotten some more work done on this Project. Due to the Plaugue i have not had the ability to work on this til recently. But, now it is technology that is interfering with my progress. I need to go get batteries for my Camera so I can take Pics for posting. So, pics should be coming later tonight.

GF

Batteries have been obtained and pics have been taken and uploaded! Here they are...

100_1723_zps69fd50f1.jpg

100_1724_zps10e8080c.jpg

100_1725_zps4071c22d.jpg

Still need to work on the tie and face area. and clean up the base, too. Also, I'm seeing a few spots that were missed that I could not see before at real size. So far shading and a Brown Wash are the major changes since the first pics. I'm really happy with how the Barrel came out, so far. All I did was give it a layer of Brown Wash. The base coat was Polished Bone, I think. Both Reaper Brand Paints, the ones in Dropper Bottles.(Can't remember wether they are Pro-Paints or Master Series. I have a bad memory for most names.) Anywho, hoping to get more done tonight or tomorrow.

GF

It has happened! I have finished painting Donkey Kong!!!! Here are some pics....

DKFrontDone_zpsf31a2d8c.png

DKFaceTheApe_zpsd73c29aa.png

DKBackDone_zps7126873e.png

DKRightSideDone_zpsc12dde10.png

All that is left is to touch up a few things and Seal him. And of course let the awesome folks that helped make him see my Paintjob!!

GF

• Like 2