Alternates and replacements for Discontinued Paint colors

SamuraiJack

On 10/5/2017 at 11:16 AM, SamuraiJack said:

Added Heavy Gear.  Wondering if Bones 3 or the Bones line have resurrected any colors

The Bones paints already existed before the HG paint license was ended. 

None of the Bones paints, nor paints from the B4 Kickstarter, are intended as "same color by another name". It is possible that terms of the license may have also included rights to a specific formula, and as such it may not be possible for us to even do that, and as Wren stated above, we would not anyway. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Reaperbryan and @Wren Those are both good things to know about, so thank you.  It just means we'll have to get creative to duplicate the OOP colors.  

I stocked up on a few Heavy Gear paints myself, and just found a source for a couple more.  I also just found a bottle of Indigo Sky so I'm hoping having a sample on hand will help find the right combo to duplicate it.. 

2 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

According to paintRack algorithms, Secret Weapon Principality Purple is a close match.

Speaking of paintRack, which I learned about above, and after searching, I conclude that the app is not available for an iOs phone.  Correct?

3 hours ago, Highlander said:

Speaking of paintRack, which I learned about above, and after searching, I conclude that the app is not available for an iOs phone.  Correct?

If you ask them, the IOS version will be available Soon™. Perhaps the IOS version will be available Eventually®.

Note that this is of only academic interest to me, since I don't do apple hardware unless there isn't a real choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

If you ask them, the IOS version will be available Soon™. Perhaps the IOS version will be available Eventually®.

Note that this is of only academic interest to me, since I don't do apple hardware unless there isn't a real choice.

Are these the same folks who, at ReaperCon 2017 that their paint inventory app would be released in an iOS verson --- soon?

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

Are these the same folks who, at ReaperCon 2017 that their paint inventory app would be released in an iOS verson --- soon?

Yup, that's us. We're legit working on it - let's call it chest deep in it. In 2017 we were more ankle deep in it :). Turns out it's a ton of work to re-build an entire app from scratch while learning new tech.

We had a demo build at Reapercon 2019.

• Like 3