72moonglum

Here's one I just finished a few nights ago from the old Ral Partha All Things Dark and Dangerous series that Julie Guthrie sculpted in the early eighties. This particular set also came with an executioner swinging an axe, another prisoner on his knees just about to get his head whacked off, a basket with a head in it, and a guard with a polearm. Nice set of figures for a kind of town-type adventure.

I took pictures oddly enough of this figure from a bunch of angles because she is hunched so oddly it doesn't seem like one angle captures the figure. This is one that has been sitting on my desk for quite a while. One of these days I'd love to paint the executioner and guard too. I added over her shoulder a bra strap, because there was an odd flash line that I couldn't just leave there. Of course the bra strap doesn't run down her back, but oh well....

Next on my list - some orangey skinned goblins!

post-1758-0-62884400-1359572176.jpg

post-1758-0-67935200-1359572183.jpeg

post-1758-0-84837100-1359572190.jpeg

post-1758-0-67453500-1359572199.jpeg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 19

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the old RP faces. They almost look like masks if you paint them right. You did a great job on this oldie but goodie. I never got the set but remember it well (our local game/miniature seller kept it behind the counter and turned so you could only see the side of it - it was mainly a bookstore but they had a surprising amount of D&D books & miniatures).

One of the things I like is the cobblestone on the base, I also like over all color scheme but the bra strap sticks out so much since its not on the back. I cant see the flash line you had trouble with but perhaps you could have made it look like a scar on her shoulder instead of adding a mystery bra strap.

One of the things I like is the cobblestone on the base, I also like over all color scheme but the bra strap sticks out so much since its not on the back. I cant see the flash line you had trouble with but perhaps you could have made it look like a scar on her shoulder instead of adding a mystery bra strap.

Hi bblythe84!

The cobblestone is just made from green stuff. I usually throw grass and little rocks and what not on the bases, but this time I figured they were in town so made up some cobblestone pavement. With the flash line, which is exactly where the bra strap is, you can't see it because I covered it up literally with the exterior line of the bra strap. I kind of considered doing something on her back to continue with the strap, but didn't want to mess more than minimally with the model itself. My other dilemma was do I give a photograph of the back of not. If you would have never seen the miniature from behind, you'd never question the bra strap at all and its lack of continuancy. Just the way though that this miniature was standing, it seemed better to give photos of it from all angles.