Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Coming to this space soon, details of the upcoming epic adventure module AGAINST THE KOBOLDS! Ideally I'm looking for at least 4 and not more than 6 players. Rule set will be Swords and Wizardry or 2nd Edition depending on group consensus. Plans right now are for a homebrew dungeon crawl of my choosing, set in a world I created almost 20 years ago for my DMing purposes. I will provide more information as it develops and people come on board. Thanks. 

Regardless of which rule set I will be allowing core races and classes, plus the possibility of select humanoid races at my discretion. If you want to play an odd race/class pm me.

PM me if you are interested, or post here. Once we have enough dungeon fodder the madness and butchery will commence. 

Fun Legal Stuff:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition Player's Handbook Copyright 1989 is the Intellectual Property of TSR and any parent companies.

The Complete Book of Humanoids Copyright 1993, 1999 is the Intellectual Property of TSR and any parent companies.

Deities & Demigods cyclopedia Copyright 1980 is the Intellectual Property of TSR and any parent companies.

Dramatis Personae:

Kacir - Eldan Steelhorn (Minotaur)

Haplow - Oggy Waz (.5 Orc)

Inarah - Alfreda Haraldsdottir (.5 Elf)

Shiqra - Merrillee Borehame (Gnome)

Qwyksilver - Arthrand Solrethon (Elf)

Buglips - Tyll Mandrake (Human)

Matbar - Neriskain

Styates - Oberron

@Qwyksilver Initially I want to shoot for a post per week. I would not be adverse to more frequent posts, but I know that not everyone has the free time for that. I think once per week is a good solid starting point, if the group wants to post more frequently I'd be okay with that too. I want this to flow well for everyone involved, but I don't want people who afk for long periods of time and leave the rest of the group waiting.

I'm up for it

Not sure what I'll make up at this time thou.

RM

This sounds like fun - count me in as well. I'm thinking fighter (elven probably) this time, but not sure at this point.

As of right now we have the following:

Buglips

Shiqra (rhymes with lycra)

Haldir

Kacir

Two Possibles:

Qwyksilver and one more.

I think it's safe to say we have an accord. I will get a little more information up about the adventure and the world in which it will be taking place tonight after work. Until then be thinking about what you want to play. I tend to play pretty loose with the rules in order to make things flow better, and read more like a story, rather than rule lawyering. You will probably get further in my game with an interesting character than a min/maxed cookie cutter Drizzle or Elminster clone (insert the most annoying fantasy cliched character you can think of here). Having said that, play what you want, don't think you have to fill a niche or be the token class. I'd rather have a party of 9 people playing fighters that are excited about it, than the well rounded group playing it because they think it's what we need. We'll make it work.

Please PM me with some basic information on the character you would like to play, and on your preference for 2nd Edition or S&W.

Well since I'm playing a dwarf cleric in Col K's game here I won't be playing either one of those. I was thinking something ranger this time. So it'll be fighter based.

& my preference for rules system is S&W using the Complete Rules (ie Reaper Kickstarter perk)!!!

I'm pretty sure I have an old copy of DnD 2nd edition players handbook somewhere in my book collection, so that's my preference, since I know nothing about S&W.

I love hybrid fighter classes in EQ - ranger, bard, etc - but since I'm still new at pen and paper gaming, I'll stick with something (hopefully) simple - basic fighter (since I'm a mage in Col. Kane's game). But not human or goody paladin ::P: When I get home tonight I'll dig out my handbook and see what that leaves me for interesting.

I fully expect Buglips to try and foist a dual wielding Ogre Magi Wild Mage/Ranger named Elminster Do'Urden off on us.

• Like 1

That I would almost pay money to see!! Although since a wild mage killed his awesome character, he might not have the wild mage in the combo....

well I could be the wild mage.............. :devil:

I like to base my character concepts on existing minis so I'll choose something from there. Might not be ranger but who knows (80% sure it will be).

Ok I think I found my character:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/elf/sku-down/03257#detail/03257_G_003

I may even go thief instead.......

I'm interested, if there's room. I'd like to know more about your world before I choose a character though.

I'm pretty sure I have an old copy of DnD 2nd edition players handbook somewhere in my book collection, so that's my preference, since I know nothing about S&W.

S&W is really slimmed down D&D, like a rules light 1st ed. And it's free online. If you were part of the kickstarter, you got a PDF for free, too.