The Apprentice, or Holy Crap! He's showing something!

dispatchdave

So, I painted this guy up and gave him to a party member for her birthday. I'm not entirely sure what she's going to do with him, but I had painted him up, and have now decided everyone gets a painted mini for their birthday... whether they want it or not! :D

So, without further ado, something I've painted! C&C welcome/requested.

-Dave

post-8036-0-01267600-1359819450_thumb.jpg

post-8036-0-09987900-1359819470_thumb.jpg

post-8036-0-35460300-1359819479_thumb.jpg

post-8036-0-19626000-1359819488_thumb.jpg

post-8036-0-07480100-1359819497_thumb.jpg

post-8036-0-20632800-1359819506_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I may have to put together a custom base for her now.... Hmm.

I did have fun with the books (though the paper was weird for me). I got to use my ancient RPP Plains (a lovely mint color). The skin has a few shades of highlights, but it's hard to tell (in person or in picture, lol). The shirt was just several really thin Sapphire Blue washes, but I like it a lot.

As for the expression, that was totally unintentional... I hate eyes, maybe as much as Argentee.... I personally am very happy with my first ever eyebrows!

Edited by dispatchdave

I originally purchased him for a (fantasy/magical) library diorama/HA build I'm planning for the future. I'll have to get another one now. He will be joined by Jolie, and I'm not sure whom else yet....

@Dave: Nice name. Also, I considered it, but didn't,and now it's hers. I'm pretty sure I'll add titles or something next time, just gotta build up those calligraphy skills.

-DD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Adrift
      A co-author and I have started a venture and would appreciate you checking out our RPG supplement!! This is our first KS project, but I’ve been here on the forums for years. We’ve backed tons of projects and all well-versed in KS.

Little secret…the project is named in homage to my favorite band. 😆

Please scope out our project! See you at ReaperCon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adrift/a-game-to-remember-volume-1?ref=project_build
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimoakpress/digger-unearthed-the-complete-10th-anniversary-collection/description

If you don't own this, why do you have bookshelves?   
      I'm only in it for an eBook, but that's because I already have the 2013 Limited Edition Signed Hardcover edition...     
      (It's right next to my Snorri collection.)

This is the big 800+ pages omnibus, not the 6 slimmer books sold by Sofawolf press. 
      (they're sold out of the Omnibus)   
    • By Guyra
      MCDM is making a monster book, and it looks awesome! I've backed MCDM's other two books, and think they make top quality stuff, so backing this one was a given for me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mattcolville/mcdm-monster-book

This book is sort of reinventing a lot of classic creatures, making them much more fun to play and fight! It also has brand new creatures. There is a preview PDF linked to on the KS page.

This KS went live yesterday, and it's already funded($600k) and well beyond its first stretch goal of $800k, which adds Rival Adventurers to the book! The next stretch goal is at $1m, and will add Lairs & Hoards to the book - or it might potentially become its own separate book! (Similar to Kobold Press' "Lairs" supplement to their "Tome of Beasts" series of books, I guess.)

There's going to be a single mini available for this KS, and it's the creature from the cover art:

You can also check out Matt Colville's video explaining the book here(and I highly suggest watching it!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJeOOGiWGM
    • By Rigel
      What good is a small town without adventurous children to explore its mysteries and get into scrapes?
      50042, Modern Children, to the rescue!

Andi and Bailey here are painted up in a way loosely inspired by Mabel and Dipper from Gravity Falls. The flower sweater was good but needed even MORE color!

Andi: 

Bailey:

Charlie is a great sculpt; love the backpack. 

Schoolmates and friends, they'll be embroiling themselves in mysteries and predicaments.

(Also featuring Bombshell's Flakk and Edna the Cat Lady, 50235.)
    • By Auberon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1560579763/the-tremendous-tome-of-decorating-dungeons?ref=dgwqjn

Another one right before work.  Book, read, paint.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)