Any other beer nerds here?

Arachne

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw! I'll try not to. I think...after a long break, I really missed you, this whole community, and the hobby, and next time life takes a sucky turn (or, like another one, because the torture never stops) I'll just stick around here. I don't feel like I have a whole lot to offer, but I love reading people's writings and seeing people's painting.

Show your work! Don't be afraid! I'm not, and I embarass myself on here daily.

It's liberating, actually. Like going for ice cream without wearing any pants. Sure it seems weird at first, and maybe you feel a little shy, but eventually you just start to giggle that everybody's looking at what you've got on display.

Something like that, anyway.

Whatever, all I know is that this place here marks the first time I've ever shown my dragon in public and not been sentenced to community service for it.

Also the only time nobody laughed.

• Like 1

You're making me really want to find my camera cord. I did the Ogre Chieftain you know. I finished it on October 27, while I was camping of all things. He's my best work yet. I did it as a late entry for the paint along. I really gotta show him off. My camera cord is gone-ish. Maybe, till I find it, I'll satisfy my urge by doing the ice cream thing.

• Like 1

I think that's one reason I love this community. You're like, my kinda people.

My sentiments EXACTLY. I pretty much ignore Facebook nowadays and spend that time here.

Also, all this spidyness has got me hankering for some Spicey Spider Sausage!

www.40ozmaltliquor.com

All you need to know. A friend and I used to always have a 40 in February. I can tell you that Schlitz Bull Ice will make you bite your wife and get punched in the face. But you'll giggle.

EDIT: But for good beer, I like the dark and chewy stuff. Some of the IPA are good, but California brewers tend to put Cascade Hops in everything. I'm not a fan of those, but I do like BigFoot, though it is technically a barley wine methinks.

Edited by The Inner Geek