My Ogre Chieftain

briggart

This was supposed to be done as part of the community ogre thread, but paining time has been scarce and took me 4 months to get it done. :down:

Working with bones has been interesting. This is my first mini since I stopped painting 6-7 years ago, and had to adjust what few things remembered to the bones. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. I've been following the forum since the KS, and it's been incredibly useful, so thanks to all!

Comment, criticisms, etc are welcome!

post-8097-0-65666100-1360048255.jpgpost-8097-0-98898300-1360048266.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I like this badboy with grey-greenish-blueish skin (what color is it?). With those white, nonhuman eyes it makes him look truly monstrous; nice! Love the beard too!

I would apply some kind of wash to the fur on his butt (that sounded much worse than I meant it); something to darken it a bit and bring out the texture (looks like you did this to the front). The shoulder-fur could benefit from a little wash too at the same time I think.

• Like 4

Thanks! The skin is RMS troll shadow progressively highlighted with RMS Rainy Gray. The bluish tint is a camera effect, it's actually more greenish-gray. The beard is Masonry Gray and Stone Gray from the Warpaints line by Nemo/Stratelibri (old Italian publisher that went bankrupt years ago).

The fur is the Palomino Gold triad. It looks a bit darker in reality, but yes it would need some more wash. But after 4 months of this, I wanted to move to something else. ::):

• Like 1

Thanks. The belly armor is Citadel Brazen Brass, applied somewhat thick and uneven, washed with Citadel Brown Wash. These are the old Citadel paints, with the soft plastic hexagonal jars.

Originally it had more shading, but when I applied the sealer (testors dullcote) it made it look more even in color. I think I might have sprayed too near to the mini, or I did not wait long enough between cotes.

Edited by briggart

I really love your color choices. Very bold and a lot of fun! My only suggestion would be to make up a brown wash and run it over his skin, furs, and leathery bits. Aside from that the gem looks really nice, the beard is exquisite, and I don't have a clue what colors you used to make that cuff, but I want the recipe ::D:

• Like 1

I really love your color choices. Very bold and a lot of fun! My only suggestion would be to make up a brown wash and run it over his skin, furs, and leathery bits. Aside from that the gem looks really nice, the beard is exquisite, and I don't have a clue what colors you used to make that cuff, but I want the recipe ::D:

It's the woodstain-shield-driftwood brown triad. I like it a lot, in hand the woodstain is much deeper that what it looks like on the online store. ::):

I really like the skintone. It makes him look really menicing. The color of the beard complements the skintone as well. I also like what you did with the gutplate, and the bright furs serve as a good contrast to the dusky skin. As others have mentioned I would like abit more shade on the backfur.

• Like 1