Sign in to follow this  
Spinward Bound

Dwarf Ulfar

Ok, I'm calling this guy done. This is my second mini in 20 years, it's not the greatest but I like him. (It doesn't look too bad a few feet away :)

Here is the WIP:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47472-scibor-dwarf-ulfar-wip/

post-9166-0-85222800-1360150196.jpg

Thanks for fixing the photo, Badocter!

Comments and critique/tips welcome.

Edited by Spinward Bound
  • Like 10

He dosen't look that bad in the photo either. In fact i think he looks great! Good colors and a great job on the face. If i am to nitpick i'm personally fond of a mine between the eye and the face to make it stand out more. I also feel that the shirt below the belt could use abit more attention*. But as i said that's nitpicking.

* i'm aware that my choice of words opened up for a few "below the belt" jokes.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback Patrik. I agree with you that part of the shirt is half-arsed. I had trouble finding any natural lines to shade, and had a couple of accidents there, one involving metallic aged bronze and the other an over zealous application of liner.

I've tried to outline the eye too, but lack the skills to do it. I even omitted eyebrows so I wouldn't ruin what I already did lol.

Edited by Spinward Bound

Very crisp paintjob, but hard to tell the colors from the photo because it looks like something threw off the white balance of the camera and gave the whole picture a yellow tinge. Here is your photo after I made a couple attempts use photoshop to correct for the white balance. Since I do not have the mini in hand, do either of these look any closer to actual?

post-6758-0-71002600-1360147220_thumb.jpgpost-6758-0-95176000-1360147984_thumb.jpg

Edited by badocter
  • Like 2

Thanks Badocter, that looks a lot more like it, though the bright white spots on his sleeve are just a hair less brilliant on the mini.

I forgot to say that the bottom one is closest to the real mini.

Edited by Spinward Bound

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this