My son's first miniature painting redux

Adrift

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went looking for something and got lost in the rabbit hole of the interwebs looking through 80 pages of Mego custom Star Trek figures.

Anyway, what led me off into the wilderness was looking for a picture of that alien dude in Rura Penthe in Star Trek VI who picked a fight with Kirk. That's what the colouration here on your son's mini reminded me of.

I think it looks awesome, like it came out of Jim Henson's old school creature shop or something. Rock-Narr the scary monster who lived in the caves beneath the Fraggles but who turned out not to be so scary after Gobo bravely befriended him with song.

You know, some years from now I'll be reminiscing about the Fraggles for some reason and I'll totally think this happened in an episode. I'll be leaning over the rec room bar and emphatically demanding why my friend does not remember the episode with Rock-Narr.

• Like 4

I went looking for something and got lost in the rabbit hole of the interwebs looking through 80 pages of Mego custom Star Trek figures.

Anyway, what led me off into the wilderness was looking for a picture of that alien dude in Rura Penthe in Star Trek VI who picked a fight with Kirk. That's what the colouration here on your son's mini reminded me of.

I think it looks awesome, like it came out of Jim Henson's old school creature shop or something. Rock-Narr the scary monster who lived in the caves beneath the Fraggles but who turned out not to be so scary after Gobo bravely befriended him with song.

You know, some years from now I'll be reminiscing about the Fraggles for some reason and I'll totally think this happened in an episode. I'll be leaning over the rec room bar and emphatically demanding why my friend does not remember the episode with Rock-Narr.

Thanks for inserting that memory into my fraggle-bank. I guess you can call on me to back you up when you are telling that story. By then I'll have forgotten that they only reason I know is because I heard it from you.

Adrift,

Great work by the boy! I have a 2.5 year old and a 3.5 year old. They are both heavily into the crayons right now, maybe I should get brave and let them try to paint something?