My son's first miniature painting redux

Adrift

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to be able to use my fireplace but it's illegal most of the winter to use one, unless my furnace goes out, in the state I live in.

Where the heck is that? Because I need to never live there.

Utah County, Utah. Between is and SaltLake county we have the worse air pollution in the country (everything gets trapped in between the mountains during the winter). There are certain days we're allowed too, but ironically enough it's never when it's cold.

On the plus side Natural Gas is dirt cheap here so most newer homes just have a fireplace that runs off of that. My house, however, is too old and it's not worth the cost to get on put in.

Your son did a Great Job! Watch out or he'll pass you by pretty quick old man since I know how most kids like to master anything that seems tedious or complicated. I wish I would have been back into miniature painting when my son was young, but then again, other than video games, there is not much he has ever sat still for. I tried to get him building model kits (What used to be where I spent all my spare time), and I even got him 3 Star Wars kits, since he was a big fan of the movies, but after 1 afternoon of working on one, he never touch them again. He is almost 16 now and Xbox live is his second hobby, his first being skate boarding or is it his girl friend. Oh do I miss those days when the kids were little and still enjoyed being around mom and dad. Now I hardly see them. Your boy seems to be doing well and if he stays interested, he will probably do very well and turn out as good or better than his dad. Tell him well done for me, not that he gives a hoot who I am, but positive encouragement from others goes along way and enjoy these years while he is still young and having fun with dad.

• Like 2