Sign in to follow this  
buglips*the*goblin

Bones question

So I stumbled across what looks to be a very old and outdated Legendary Encounters page:

http://www.reapermini.com/LegendaryEncounters

And I see that there's a Vandorendra there clothed rather modestly. However, on the Kickstarter page the Vando shown has censor dots over her naughty parts, as does the demon in BBEG.

As some of the KS minis shown are DHL examples, as the Bones versions did not yet exist - does this mean we're getting the nudity versions or the modesty versions?

I'm not picky either way, I'm just curious because I found that page with Vandorendra wearing a demonic sports bra.

I would be picky... But in the

, she doesn't look like having a demonic sports bra. Choose 1080p and look it on a big TV. Even the other like the medusa and harpy are looking nude.

Yep, you're right, I didn't see a sports bra. On the other hand, I couldn't see nipples or a nipple ring. Maybe they took that detail off, which would be a pity, cause that is an awesome detail.

As the Vandorendra image used during the Kickstarter showed the original (topless) version and it shouldn't be that hard for Reaper to come by an unpainted LE version for a pic if they needed/wanted to, I would take that as a strong sign they're planning on releasing the original in Bones.

Also, while Reaper during the Kickstarter clearly made an effort to keep character miniatures decently dressed, they never said anything about Disneyfying covering up monstrous sculpts like Vandorendra or the medusa. Thus, backers should reasonably expect to get the unmodified sculpts - and presumably, many absolutely do expect to get what they were shown. (Anything else could turn into a PR nightmare, particularly with what is, in the original version, the best old school not-Marilith around.)

I have a very vague recollection of this being brought up before and the result was the original '... out for the lads' version was the one in Bones, the LE version had been made decent for the more general market as it may be stocked outside of gaming stores..... or something like that.

or I'm crazy and imagined the whole thing.

Also, given that the LE version was pre-painted, can you imagine the committee meeting where you have to discuss the official nipple color to use. The demon bra is a sanity saving choice in that situation.

I'm more interested in knowing whether we'll be seeing that wardog or the dwarf at some point!

Hey buglips, for more mind-blowing check out this version of the valkyrie http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Dark%20Heaven%20Legends/latest/03643

Then look in the upper portion of the vampire level minis and she has a sword and circular shield.

Edited by Adrift

Wow, several figures there that didn't make the Kickstarter.

I really like the LE line, but now that I have all of these unpainted Bones coming I'm not sure how many more LEs I'll get.

Also, given that the LE version was pre-painted, can you imagine the committee meeting where you have to discuss the official nipple color to use. The demon bra is a sanity saving choice in that situation.

This was definitely a factor. Also, the LE miniatures, being pre-painted, were more likely by the target audience to be considered "toys" that are the unpainted models (Despite comparisons to M.U.S.C.L.E.). All LE models planned were to not include nudes, for those reasons. Bones models, we felt we could return to our older definitions of appropriate for gaming figures, although nudity was examined in every case to determine if it was appropriate to the model - succubus, Maritlith (Demon subtype), yes. French maid, no.

I can assert with confidence, because I have A Vampire pack at my desk, that the Vandorendra you will be receiving is the R-rated version, appropriate for mature audiences, slasher pics, and most gaming tables.

I can assert with confidence, because I have A Vampire pack at my desk, that the Vandorendra you will be receiving is the R-rated version, appropriate for mature audiences, slasher pics, and most gaming tables.

Great reference!

• Like 1

This was definitely a factor. Also, the LE miniatures, being pre-painted, were more likely by the target audience to be considered "toys" that are the unpainted models (Despite comparisons to M.U.S.C.L.E.). All LE models planned were to not include nudes, for those reasons. Bones models, we felt we could return to our older definitions of appropriate for gaming figures, although nudity was examined in every case to determine if it was appropriate to the model - succubus, Maritlith (Demon subtype), yes. French maid, no.

This is why ReaperBryan is on the Christmas list in ink. He takes time to answer the important questions.

Nah, Reaper isn't big enough to have committees. And if they do they're probably just about donuts or something ::P:

That's different to committees elsewhere how?