Sign in to follow this  
buglips*the*goblin

Bones question

Few things are more important to me than my position on the Committee for Demonic Nipple Pigmentation.

So what is the pigment? I used 50 50 carot top red and bronzed flesh on Bartok.

Nah, Reaper isn't big enough to have committees. And if they do they're probably just about donuts or something ::P:

That's different to committees elsewhere how?

The subject of the meeting is actually important?

Going back for a moment to something that Reaperbryan said.

[quote name=Reaperbryan" post="674470" time="1360253914]we felt we could return to our older definitions of appropriate for gaming figures, although nudity was examined in every case to determine if it was appropriate to the model - succubus, Maritlith (Demon subtype), yes. French maid, no.

Sooo Reaper had/has a nude French Maid mini? I ask because I've looked and looked and haven't been able to find it I've never accidentally happened upon it...

• Like 1

Few things are more important to me than my position on the Committee for Demonic Nipple Pigmentation.

So what is the pigment? I used 50 50 carot top red and bronzed flesh on Bartok.

I still have a bottle of Armory Nipple Pink from 1989....

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Going back for a moment to something that Reaperbryan said.

we felt we could return to our older definitions of appropriate for gaming figures, although nudity was examined in every case to determine if it was appropriate to the model - succubus, Maritlith (Demon subtype), yes. French maid, no.

Sooo Reaper had/has a nude French Maid mini? I ask because I've looked and looked and haven't been able to find it I've never accidentally happened upon it...

These need to be in Bones! What we do for our Parisian brothels without them!

That was used as a player character in a friend's Spycraft game set in Canada...

Obviously she is not French, but Quebecois....

Nice figure, but not really Bones material, I will admit, Parisian bordellos aside....

The Auld Grump

Also, given that the LE version was pre-painted, can you imagine the committee meeting where you have to discuss the official nipple color to use. The demon bra is a sanity saving choice in that situation.

This was definitely a factor. Also, the LE miniatures, being pre-painted, were more likely by the target audience to be considered "toys" that are the unpainted models (Despite comparisons to M.U.S.C.L.E.). All LE models planned were to not include nudes, for those reasons. Bones models, we felt we could return to our older definitions of appropriate for gaming figures, although nudity was examined in every case to determine if it was appropriate to the model - succubus, Maritlith (Demon subtype), yes. French maid, no.

I can assert with confidence, because I have A Vampire pack at my desk, that the Vandorendra you will be receiving is the R-rated version, appropriate for mature audiences, slasher pics, and most gaming tables.

Careful, or I might convince buglips to sick our pack of trained ninja monkeys to sneak into your office and make off with that box.

I'm a big fan of R-rated demonic nudidity. Huge fan.

Indeed.

I want to buy this mini, but I'm reluctant to deal with the 'looks' and questions from the wife and my girl friends.

• Like 1

Also, given that the LE version was pre-painted, can you imagine the committee meeting where you have to discuss the official nipple color to use. The demon bra is a sanity saving choice in that situation.

This was definitely a factor. Also, the LE miniatures, being pre-painted, were more likely by the target audience to be considered "toys" that are the unpainted models (Despite comparisons to M.U.S.C.L.E.). All LE models planned were to not include nudes, for those reasons. Bones models, we felt we could return to our older definitions of appropriate for gaming figures, although nudity was examined in every case to determine if it was appropriate to the model - succubus, Maritlith (Demon subtype), yes. French maid, no.

I can assert with confidence, because I have A Vampire pack at my desk, that the Vandorendra you will be receiving is the R-rated version, appropriate for mature audiences, slasher pics, and most gaming tables.

Careful, or I might convince buglips to sick our pack of trained ninja monkeys to sneak into your office and make off with that box.

I'm a big fan of R-rated demonic nudidity. Huge fan.

Indeed.

I want to buy this mini, but I'm reluctant to deal with the 'looks' and questions from the wife and my girl friends.

I just tell them, "Sorry. I like boobs. Deal."

Most seem cool, but then, I am kind of awesome.... xD

If they have real issues, question them on things like the statue David, the Venus de Milo, and where the line between fine art and (lets say not-fine art) is. Be prepared to sleep on the couch (it's like camping!).

-Dave

• Like 2

Personally, I would've preferred an armor-clad Marilith/Vandorendra. The majority of female monsters/demons in the Kickstarter are nude in one way or another, and thematically I always saw this particular demoness as a warrior first and foremost.

Then again, I guess "look at mah boobs so I can kill ya!" has always worked in the past.

Then again, I guess "look at mah boobs so I can kill ya!" has always worked in the past.

Guaranteed effective against my gaming group, boys and girls alike.

-DD

• Like 1

Nice figure, but not really Bones material, I will admit, Parisian bordellos aside....

I think I could fit a cadre of Fembots into a scenario...

I call them Team Pitter Patter.

Personally, I would've preferred an armor-clad Marilith/Vandorendra. The majority of female monsters/demons in the Kickstarter are nude in one way or another, and thematically I always saw this particular demoness as a warrior first and foremost.

They serve as generals in the Blood War, and I guess when your day job consists of herding numberless hordes of low-level naked schmucks into the whirling blades of the Baatezu Death Machine, your attitude towards clothing/armor may tend towards the fatalistic.

Particularly the first time you try to do your laundry and it's eaten by acid, burned by lava, or disintegrated because ribbons of chaos stuff course randomly through your plane.

I like to imagine a Marilith making a side trip to the Prime, perhaps having broken free of summoning, and bringing abyssal gold to a nice boutique. Clad with armloads (many armloads) of shopping bags, she returns home all a-grin.

Until her $4,000 Renek Boisson lift-support custom fit bustenhalter, made especially for the Marilith on the go, bursts into flames the first time and all the other Tanar'ri laugh at her.

Not for long, mind you. No, they wouldn't laugh for long. But that kind of thing can stay with an immortal abyssal being for a long time, and who wants to be remembered at the reunion of Squad 6669694994848834 six hundred sixty-six years later as the silly vain creature whose bra asploded in front of everybody?

• Like 6

not to be argumentative, but one marilith and one succubus is not a majority.

and the medusa, harpy, Shaerilith, female spider centaur, fire familiar, :-)

Just to be clear, i am NOT complaining about said minis, merely refuting the assertion that the KS only had two of them.

Edited by badocter

not to be argumentative, but one marilith and one succubus is not a majority.

Well, who's to say all those skeletons came from men? :ph34r: