first time reapercon....

maxstyles

Hi all,

I was wondering what time things started on the first day cuz I was thinking of flying in early that morning to say one day of hotel money for con money.... Anyone have any advice for a newbie? I am planning on submerging myself in the miniature painting classes and all sorts of painting activities.....

thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical start time is 9am for classes and what not. I would advise not to take more than two classes a day and even then you will be overloaded with information by the end of the show. Personally I would limit classes to 4 or 5 total with time to practice what you learn afterwords. There will be a gaming schedule published at some point and there should be a dungeon crawl or two that run every hour or so.

Me too! We should make some sort of 'First ReaperCon Club'. We can have a secret handshake, or a little button that says "My other hobby is also on Kickstarter". We'll take over one of the painting areas and give people nervous looks until they leave us alone. I'll bring munchies!

Thanks for the question, though. The more I know, the more excited I get for this Con.

-N

• Like 3

• Artists

I think Thursday stuff starts a little later? I want to say stuff starts at 11 or noon instead of 9, but I don't remember exactly. The only schedule I can find (the rest are packed away somewhere I think) is 2005, where things did start at noon. The facility is open and people are hanging out and stuff, I'm just talking about scheduled stuff.

The only thing to be aware of is not showing up too early on Wed. The factory does continue to operate during the day for a while, filling orders, etc. And then they start setting up, so before about 5pm there's no place for loads of people to be hanging around. There is usually no registration on Wed night, either.

In 2011 registration opened at 9am Thurs. I think last year was the same. Sonic opens around noon.

I have been to a number of Cons before but this is my first Reapercon and my first con devoted completely to gaming. It will also be my son's fist con ever. I am looking forward to putting faces to names and relaxing with a few of my favorite hobbies. Any suggestions for a couple of newbies?