Infinity Minis

The Inner Geek

So, I've admired the Infinity minis for a long time. I kept telling myself that if I still wanted some in a month/week/year/whatever, I'd go ahead a grab a couple. So I finally did.

The detail is amazing. I mean, really impressive. And the cast quality is good too. There are a few that were actually challenging to find the mold line on. My biggest problem now is assembly. I hate superglue. I hate it. I really, really, hate it. There are some very fine fiddley bits that have to be glued on and they have very little surface area to attach to. I've been using Gorrila brand CA glue, but I finally started using JB Quick epoxy on larger parts.

Anyway, minis are great, certainly better than I'll be able to do justice with my painting skills. Assembly is painful, probably because I'm me and CA glue is my mortal enemy.

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Warmachine army does look very nice and steam-punkery! I have a decent size Retribution force that is languishing as we speak though. I'm pretty much done buying for Warmachine, except for maybe the new Ret starter box as the caster was sclupted by Patrick Keith who is my friend and more importantly (in this case) a great sculptor.

I can't stand Warmachine, so no distractions there.

I have the Nomads starter, and haven't done anything with them yet, mainly due to lack of interest locally. One of the local stores stock the book and some starters, but I never see anyone playing, and I've been doing other things lately.

Some complained about mold quality, but the multiparts I have had such a precise fit, it was almost like assembling a plastic model. Floored by the engineering quality!

I'd like to pick up another force (Maybe Oceana)so I can get people into it. One of these days...

Damon.

Do you live in DFW? There is a bunch of us playing in Plano if you want to come see! ^_^

I do! I live just north of Ft Worth. I do make it over to the Richardson/Plano/McKinney area pretty often though. Where/when are you guys playing? I grabbed the minis at 'Madness Games' and they said some folks were playing there on Saturdays... or some Saturdays... or something.

Sorry Lars! :;):

Yeah, we're playing at Madness in Plano. We're getting together on the 9th of March. I'm going to be the designated demo guy and we already have 2 to 3 new guys coming. I'll supply the minis (Yu Jing) if you want to give it a go! ^_^

We just had a tourney and we had 13 people show! Heady days man! :lol:

Lithian,

I'll do my best to get there. Do you know what time you'll be there yet? I'd really like to run through a game or two to see how it plays out. I've got the Japanese Sectorial Army starter, but I'm not sure how much paint will be on it by then. I did get some base coating done this evening though!

In the long run I'd like to get a couple of demo armies and try to get something going on my side of DFW too. A game store just opened down the street from me, but they don't do/carry any Infinity goodies.

I try to get there around 11, and I'll be there till 5-ish. There are people that will stay later too. ::D:

Painted, unpainted, it's all good! Make a 150 point list and you'll be good to go. ::):

How strict are people on the points values of lists? I'm finding it easy-ish to make a 150 point starter Nomad army, but impossible to spend exactly 150 points on Japanese Sectorial Army. I've got it as close as 151 though.

If I'm demoing that's fine. Usually during games or events going over the point levels is not tolerated. :poke:

It's a rarity to hit the max, I'm usually lacking anywhere from 8 to 3 points, depends if the army has acess to warband troops or not.

If you've already read through the rules and you feel like you got the gist, go ahead and make a 200 point list as well. I've found that after people have gotten their feet wet they are ready to go up to the next level, so play a starter @ 150 but have a contingency to play your next one at 200. :D

Edited by Lithian

I don't know if I'll have 200 points of minis by that time. I did order some extras for my Japanese Sectorial and ordered some of the Nomads Moderators Jurisdictional minis including the starter set.

I also have a friend who'll probably come along. He's not played a table top game in a LONG time, but he's pretty impressed with Infinity minis and the idea of a game you can get into w/out spending a arm and leg on a army to start playing.

Come to think of it, I did buy the O-Yoroi for the Japanese, but it might need some advanced tactics. How high a points game would you usually include a TAG in? I just bought it because it looked cool.