Experiments in Bones

Have you read any of the working with bones thread's by Wren? Your work has pretty much already been done. So we need new directions to go with like possibly cutting one up and trying to attach the bones material to different materials like metal, plastics, resins, and foam. In a conversion or terrain style.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones mounted on pewter: still an effective bond, but not as rigid as metal to metal and not as strong as bones to bones. Where bones is the dominant surface, i.e. wings and stuff like that, going into pewter, the bond should be better. Any of you who got any of the winged demons and who have the same model in metal may want to test this out

Not sure if this has been done yet, but seeing if boiling a bones mini after it has had super glue and/or some sort of (fully cured) sculpting putty on it will disrupt either of those. Also, whether Pine Sol will affect the bond between the glue and/or putty and the bones.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

How about a test to see when they start to melt if left in a car on a hot day. Or something along those lines.

Trust me, a car won't get above boiling, no matter how hot the day is. If they survive boiling, they'll survive that.

As a kid I had a model aircraft carrier setting in my bedroom window.  The deck melted.  I'm guessing that the window acted as a magnifying glass.