Empire of the Dead Kickstarter beginning this week

Beagle

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cash They got a fun free intro scenario with rules on their website that's one side Holmes\Watson and the other Jack the Ripper. It's worth playing even if you're not getting the game as it's pretty fun.

Man...if you just got her into gaming I will owe you in such a huge way. I've been trying to figure out a good intro for her, since she doesn't dig most of the stuff I have.

• Like 1

From the copmments section

'The Unlocks (shown in black with a paddlock on them) are additional choices. The orange circle displays the points cost of the miniature within Requiem. We will unlock a model every day, now we have reached our goal. Think of these as a bonus to choose from.

We will also have a selection of Optional Extras (which can be purchased at a discount by increasing your pledge and all ship post free to UK/EU, USA and Canada) such as the Wagons etc., these we will unlock and add to as we progress. Some of these are works in progress, we will post WIP pics and some videos of Andy and I modelling and sculpting the new carriages and miniatures.

The Stretch Goals are separate from the choices, you will automatically receive all the Stretch Goals if you have Pledged at Requiem 18 and above. They will all be Limited Edition Kickstarter only Miniatures, I will post the first one up as soon as I can.

It's a really fun demo game that gets even better the more terrain and such that you have. I suggest, if she likes the first play through, to use some cardboard rectangles to represent buildings and go all crazy with making alleys and such.

Took her out for lunch today and during a lull I pitched the idea. All she needed was Holmes and bobbies vs iconic enemies and she's willing to give it a shot. You have no idea how huge this is, she's not a gamer at all (beyond Words with Friends, etc).

• Like 5

That creepy intro video got me.

I've been watching 'Ripper Street' on the BBC and it really catches the atmosphere of the time (the late 1880s). If you haven't see it, I thoroughly recommend.

Edited by Beagle

That creepy intro video got me.

I've been watching 'Ripper Street' on the BBC and it really catches the atmosphere of the time (the late 1880s). If you haven't see it, I thoroughly recommend.

She's got it on the DVR. Although our favorite Holmes is the new BBC Sherlock with Cumberbatch, he's so perfect for the role and the interplay with Freeman's Watson is phenomenal.

• Like 1

Agree about Sherlock. So much better than that Robert Downey Jr abomination.

Ripper Street is more like Hill Street Blues or TJ Hooker set in 1880s Whitechapel. We're about halfway through the 12 episode series. It shows here (UK), on the BBC on a Sunday evening.