Empire of the Dead Kickstarter beginning this week

Beagle

the lastest updates add some silent videos of sculpting work and wips of all the vehicles , pretty cool if you like seeing behind the curtain :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/832150598/empire-of-the-dead-requiem-0/posts/414748

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/832150598/empire-of-the-dead-requiem-0/posts/414827

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of the limited £100 early bird pledge levels have become available in the last day or so for anyone that's interested (there's one available right now). I think a few people have been upgrading to the highest pledge levels. And there are still 26 of the £76 early birds left; grab em while you can!

Not sure what you guys make of this, but I get the distinct impression that the owner of this project doesn't have much enthusiasm for it. Comms are sparse and minimalist, and the tone is pretty much one of 'lets just make some money', no real engagement with the community.

It doesn't bother me that much as I don't care to read through or post many comments, which I know is different from many of you here, but this isn't isolated. Wyrd, CMoN, Cipher are all the same. They have full time jobs that suffer if get too involved in the community. Since Andy is the head sculptor, and does a lot of other stuff for the company, all the time spend dealing with comments is less time spent working on the models for this kickstarter and I'd rather have that myself.

I would be the same way if running one. Getting involved with the community is a full time, 24x7, job and I just wouldn't be able to do it outside of maybe the last day or so as once you start really engaging it becomes something that's expected\demanded from the community and becomes something that probably suck people in too much.

• Like 1

It doesn't bother me that much as I don't care to read through or post many comments, which I know is different from many of you here, but this isn't isolated. Wyrd, CMoN, Cipher are all the same. They have full time jobs that suffer if get too involved in the community. Since Andy is the head sculptor, and does a lot of other stuff for the company, all the time spend dealing with comments is less time spent working on the models for this kickstarter and I'd rather have that myself.

I would be the same way if running one. Getting involved with the community is a full time, 24x7, job and I just wouldn't be able to do it outside of maybe the last day or so as once you start really engaging it becomes something that's expected\demanded from the community and becomes something that probably suck people in too much.

I agree to a point, but I've seen plenty of evidence of project owners really encouraging more pledging by being really involved. But then I'm sure Andy knows what he's doing

I just get the impression he's it..being the driving force behind the business, the art and the kickstarter..thats a big burdon to carry.

As well the time difference is very noticeable. There are never any updates during north American prime time hours.but I attribute that to timezones

I just get the impression he's it..being the driving force behind the business, the art and the kickstarter..thats a big burdon to carry.

As well the time difference is very noticeable. There are never any updates during north American prime time hours.but I attribute that to timezones

If you people over in the colonies can't keep up that's your fault. :devil::devil::devil:

What's with this whole 5 hours behind nonsense anyway?

Not sure what you guys make of this, but I get the distinct impression that the owner of this project doesn't have much enthusiasm for it. Comms are sparse and minimalist, and the tone is pretty much one of 'lets just make some money', no real engagement with the community.

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't really bother me; as others have said he has a lot to do, so it might actually be a wise decision to be a bit withdrawn. And I do enjoy interacting and fooling around in the comments section quite a bit, but this is OK too.

I like this project; the minis are fun and I've become interested in trying out a game I had not previously heard of. But I guess the KS itself isn't all that super exciting; I find myself being pretty happy with my £100 early bird level, and thinking that I'll just figure out at the end which figures I want to get. The daily revealing of concept art is nice, but at least the last few ones have not been any real surprises from what can be guessed from the scetched outlines. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking everything so far, it's just that my reaction is more "OK, this looks nice; carry on" rather than "This is the coolest thing ever; I need to think about adjusting my pledge so I can get one of those!!!"

That's OK, though; I've heard that too much excitement might be bad for your heart (and wallet). ::):

• Like 1