Sign in to follow this  
recruittons

Recruitton's February Miniatures

A little present for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day, I painted up one of her favorite creature types!

He is also my second entry in the theme category of the Winter Wonderland contest :;):

post-8231-0-68491300-1360868753_thumb.jpgpost-8231-0-91026200-1360868743_thumb.jpg

Overall, I LOVE the details on this little guy and I kind of want to get another to paint with some different colors. Maybe like a blue-ringed octopus!

C&C welcome ::D:

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 17

I love this sculpt, especially the way he's stroking his tentacles like he's trying to figure out what sort of sauce goes good with my brain.

Ha, joke's on him. My brain is well past its sell-by date. Somebody's gonna have a tummyache!

• Like 4

Thank you! I made the arch and platform using air-dry clay and the icicles were the tines from a clear plastic fork, broken, heated, and smoothed out ::D:

• Like 4

That's a really nice display, my wife didn't do anything nearly so romantic as painting up a brain eating squid monster for me. :(

• Like 6

Alright, since I've been painting a decent amount lately, I've decided to pull an ObsidianCrane and stop cluttering this place up with all my silly threads!

So, here is what I just finished up today. I could be happier with the haunches (a little of the mid-high tone got in between the scales), but overall, I'm really happy to have finished my first dragon!

Heeeeere's Flit! The plants growing near his feet are shoots growing because of his influence. Same goes for the plant growing off the cliffside. I've always loved the idea of green, verdant dragons that were tied to plants and life. So I decided to add a few touches of his power changing the desolate landscape.

post-8231-0-74848300-1360958927_thumb.jpgpost-8231-0-84345500-1360959027_thumb.jpg

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 13

Cool concept. I like the green to red fade on the spine fin thingies. The only little nitpick I would suggest is to darkline the tail spikes just to help them stand out from the tail a bit more.

• Like 1

He looks really good! Nice work for your first dragon.

You know what I'd like to see? Someone with some skill photoshopping up a village that's full of all the Flit's and Purple Worms, apparently they're very versatile :D

• Like 1

Both are very nice, the basing of Flit is very effective.

My one suggestion is to get your scale shadow colour and thin it right down then wash it over those haunches to get the detail back.

• Like 1

@Jabberwocky: Good advice and done! Although, I used a dark green/brown line instead of black :;):

@Foxfire: I would LOVE to see that!

@ObsidianCrane: Yes! That is much better than my original plan, which was to just repaint the haunches from the ground up, all 7 layers of paint. :lol:.

Last night I decided to give one of my 12 Bonebacks a shot. I'd heard that Tre's goblins and Bonebacks were easy to paint, but this never really made sense. And then I painted one. Holy crap this guy took me 90 minutes and I think that turned out to be a very fruitful time ::D:

I advise anyone interested in Bonebacks to pledge on http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/red-box-games-miniatures'>Tre's Kickstarter. At 20k, 6 of these guys are unlocked, and $35 will get you 2 copies of each. At 25k, you'll get all 12 unique sculpts! /shameless KS plug

post-8231-0-89137900-1361032237.jpgpost-8231-0-72854500-1361032240.jpg

C&C welcome, as always ::D:

• Like 5

So today I decided to tackle a project I've been wanting to do for a while. I took my Stonehaven Highwayman, and painted him up like Vash the Stampede from Trigun! Now, it's not a perfect match, but I just went with the basic color scheme, including giving his glasses yellow lenses :;):. I decided to practice a bit more steel NMM on his gun and dagger.

post-8231-0-08611800-1361142954.jpg

post-8231-0-28245600-1361142947.jpg

post-8231-0-23323700-1361142950.jpg

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 7