so, when does shipping start?

Bonwirn

I'm happy with anything that helps keep RAFM alive and kicking.

They haven't looked all that likely to me in many years.
There are a few lines that I purchase from regularly - both are Call of Cthulhu oriented....

The most used are the drones....

The Auld Grump

I love how their Call of Cthulhu figures all come with three variations: One in civilian life, one on the adventure, and one stark, staring mad.

I bought this one http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02903&Category_Code=COCM for the civilian figure because it's darned hard to find minis of ladies circa. 1930. But I find I'm enjoying painting the mad one as well.

The artist had a few peculiar ideas about the details of ladies' clothing circa. 1930, but they are still fun.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@briggart: You're an optimist, aren't you?

Oh, not at all. It's a simple application of Murphy's law: the package will arrive when it's least convenient! ::D:

I'm with you there. I've just about convinced myself hat my order will arrive while I am at ReaperCon. ::(:

I may be crushed by the irony alone!

I have already made the decision to stop my mail while I'm away at Reapercon for this very reason.

• Like 1

From Bryan a few minutes ago, in the KS subforum:

Sorry about that. I sometimes can't keep track of which forums I've posted what to. We're in the middle of trying to get the first shipments sorted - I know that everybody thinks it's just a matter of getting a box and doing it, but trust me, there's a lot we still have going on.

We're going to be starting shipments in a day or two. We will be shipping complete orders - The shipment you receive should complete the balance of any remaining items due on your pledge, as determined by the RPM survey which you filled out.

Canadian shipments in particular will be packed out here: items associated with your order and boxed. They will then placed on a pallet and freighted to Canada, where they will be unpalletized, and sorted into Canadian Post. I do not know whether Canadian Post offers tracking, but if they do, we will use it.

Canadians will NOT be shipped last. We are going to make things easy on our freight provider by dividing shipments by country of destination, but will not be pushing anybody specifically to the end to do it. What this means is that Day one, we will work domestic US orders, to be sure the kink are worked out of our shipping setup and software, etc. Day 2 we will process Canadian Orders. Day 3 we will do Other International, Day 4 Domestic again, etc. The cycle will repeat until complete. Each day our freight provider will pick up the days' completed orders and from there, you will receive as much tracking information as we can provide. Note that Canadian shipments are not going directly to you, but rather to our agent to be resorted, so we will only be able to track the bulk shipment until the single shipments are parsed.

If there is a problem with your order, contact us. [email protected]

If we determine the problem to be our agent, we will deal with them ourselves, as this is our responsibility to you.

Beyond that, the further into this we are, the more I think it will take much longer than the original estimates of a few (2-3) weeks. To help each backer understand where they are in the process, when your order is shipped, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that we have completed your order. Backers shipped via UPS will receive a tracking number from UPS when UPS picks up their shipment. I am not aware right now whether Canadian Post sends out e-mails when you apply postage, I know our software here does, but that doesn't help.

An Update will be posted when we begin fulfillment. Right now, We're still making sure that the process is going to be efficient and error-free, and we're hesitant to make too much noise until we are sure.

I hope you can appreciate that.

• Like 7

Well that pretty much answers all of my questions right there! Very pleased with the 'rotating country' idea - no one can feel left out or behind!

C'mon April 21st! (I'm holding out a faint hope I'll get my order in time for my b-day - given that my b-day is smack in the middle of Reapercon I know this is pretty unlikely!)

@briggart: You're an optimist, aren't you?

Oh, not at all. It's a simple application of Murphy's law: the package will arrive when it's least convenient! ::D:

I'm with you there. I've just about convinced myself hat my order will arrive while I am at ReaperCon. ::(:

I may be crushed by the irony alone!

I have already made the decision to stop my mail while I'm away at Reapercon for this very reason.

Brilliant!

Yep, that soundly answers all of my concerns as well!

I doubt they'll have too much issue with Canadian post for the shipments, since they'll be from Canada to Canada. Depending on how its sent, it should have tracking, but the Agent will need to notify us of the tracking numbers for it to be of use, as I do not think Canada Post will contact us in any way via Email, unless we sign up for it (which would require the aforementioned tracking number)

There are a few lines that I purchase from regularly - both are Call of Cthulhu oriented....

The Auld Grump

I love how their Call of Cthulhu figures all come with three variations: One in civilian life, one on the adventure, and one stark, staring mad.

I bought this one http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02903&Category_Code=COCM for the civilian figure because it's darned hard to find minis of ladies circa. 1930. But I find I'm enjoying painting the mad one as well.

The artist had a few peculiar ideas about the details of ladies' clothing circa. 1930, but they are still fun.

Some of the stark raving mad figures see more use than the sane ones....

The Dilettante's evening dress is taken from one that was worn by Tallulha Bankhead. ::D: Bob Murch usually uses existing images as his models.

The Auld Grump

The Auld Grump

The Dilettante's evening dress is taken from one that was worn by Tallulha Bankhead. ::D: Bob Murch usually uses existing images as his models.

The Auld Grump

I can see that the evening dress is based on something. But it looks like he didn't have a back view and slightly misundstood it. Her fur stole should be a little back wrap with two loose sleeves, but it hasn't got a back; it's two separate fur doughnuts hanging off her elbows.

It's a fun little figure, and well done, but I am a clothing history buff and things like that niggle at me.

• Like 1

The Auld Grump

The Auld Grump

I can see that the evening dress is based on something. But it looks like he didn't have a back view and slightly misundstood it. Her fur stole should be a little back wrap with two loose sleeves, but it hasn't got a back; it's two separate fur doughnuts hanging off her elbows.

It's a fun little figure, and well done, but I am a clothing history buff and things like that niggle at me.

Pretty sure that I even know the picture that he took it from, and you are right, it does not show the back - so most likely he made a WAG. ::P:

I understand where you are coming from - Coppola's Dracula makes me twitch... (Ye gads! They're running around in their underwear!)

Much as I hate Downey's Sherlock, the costumes and sets were much better done.... (My girlfriend and I are making plans to watch Ripper Street... I hope that the costumes live up to what I have heard.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1