so, when does shipping start?

Bonwirn

One of each add-on seems like an easy thing to make up ahead of time thus making it less complex.

It's the ones who cherry picked the add-ons and/or added on extras that makes things harder.

I got two Vampires and only about half of the add-ons. Definitely more complex.

Anything that's not pre-packaged in the vampire sets may add time and complexity. They have to make sure they all get in the boxes for shipping, and then that they all fit!! Probably the worst will be anything that won't fit in the standard boxes, as they'll have to hunt down another size.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a while back the Update that got sent out a few months back, talking about how they had enough paint, but it was the bottles they where short on.That one made me giggle a bit.

Indeed, I'm with buglips, I'm just glad they're going out. How long it takes? Not a huge factor, as long as its going.

• Like 1

They're moving now, that's enough for me.

Yep. Me too.

Although I will admit that I am comforted by the knowledge that as large as I thought my own order was, I've now found that compared to many others, it's rather a modest size.

Which means I'm closer to the mid-shipping times than I thought. ::):

• Like 1

Yeah I was just very curious though. I feel better knowing I wasn't the only "crazy person". When they come doesn't matter as much as the plans I have for them. I can make more plans over time. Mwahahahahah!! For instance, I plan to take pictures as I look through them. I may open a vampire box first and take pics of the contents, move to other groups, show off the cases and have a couple comparison pics of foam vs figs. Expect to see my bf's knees in some pics, unless I can get some tablespace to spread this stuff out onto.

Edited by Terra Branford

Well, I'm also more patient because I can afford to be. I still have more "first 29" Bones than I think I can paint before these new ones show, enough metal stashed away to qualify me as a tin magnate, and a grotesquely large collection of paint.

So for me it's a bittersweet mixture of "Yessss! They're coming!" and "Bloody hell, more work!"

• Like 3

Nice haul!! I guess I bought too many paints? I was terribly afraid I would use them up, being such a noobie at this, that I might run out before I get very far. That, and I just knew my bf would like some paints. Now, to keep him off my brushes so I can break them in myself. :P I should probably have a different table for painting than my sewing table riiiight?

Yes, without any kind of doubt. You don't want anything from your paints or mini working near your sewing stuffs. I knows, I too am a seamstress.

• Like 2

Well, I'm also more patient because I can afford to be. I still have more "first 29" Bones than I think I can paint before these new ones show, enough metal stashed away to qualify me as a tin magnate, and a grotesquely large collection of paint.

So for me it's a bittersweet mixture of "Yessss! They're coming!" and "Bloody hell, more work!"

Lol! Isn't that normal for hobbies? What I love about Bones are they're plastic and I don't have to put on a base coat if I don't want to. I feel like I can deal with reposing them easier too. I bet if you wanted to, you could put a wire in kaladrax's tail and move it to go

up or down as an attack. The gm rolls to find out what attack he'll use, then if it's the tail, raises it up, gives the rogue the option to roll to dodge it, and does a tail sweep or a tail smash! Considering the tail is made of all bone, there's no flesh to cushion the blow.

• Like 1

I'm highly addicted to Bones. And at first I didn't like them one bit. In fact, my original pledge wasn't even for Bones, it was for the Liche Level Sophies.

But I changed my mind and went in on the plastics.

Then I bought a plastic Ogre and a metal Ogre. Hated the Bones Ogre, threw him away, finished the metal.

Did some experiments with other Bones, hated it, and tossed those.

But then I found the groove, and never looked back. Once I realized I should adapt to Bones instead of adapting them to me, it was like discovering the hobby for the first time again. It's been years . . . 20 of them, in fact (really, that's not a 20 joke) since I've had this much fun slinging paint.

• Like 3

I'm actually enjoying the fact that the shipping is going to take a bit longer (try not to hit me?). Like a few others have also posted, I just dont have the time right now. OK I do have the time, but I should REALLY be getting some other stuff done first. I was worried if I got the Bones early April, I'd end up missing some soft deadlines I had set. This will hopefully now keep me on track!

Um, you mean first 20 right?

• Like 2

I'm highly addicted to Bones. And at first I didn't like them one bit. In fact, my original pledge wasn't even for Bones, it was for the Liche Level Sophies.

Then I bought a plastic Ogre and a metal Ogre. Hated the Bones Ogre, threw him away, finished the metal.

But then I found the groove, and never looked back. Once I realized I should adapt to Bones instead of adapting them to me, it was like discovering the hobby for the first time again. It's been years . . . 20 of them, in fact (really, that's not a 20 joke) since I've had this much fun slinging paint.

So in those "bygone days" when you were a "young snot" goblin flinging finger paints at your "rivals"?

I have exactly 20 minis.

I have 20 over here, and 20 over there, and 20 in here, and 20 under there, and ...

For a total of 20.

Goblinoid math, I'm telling you. 10 fingers, 10 toes. Can't count higher than that. And those are the genius goblins who haven't lost appendages in battle, or to hungry goblin children.

• Like 2

Yeah, I had previously thought that my order:

• Vampire x1 $100

• Dungeon Attack x1 $15

• Undead Horde x1 $10

• Fire Giants x1 $10

• Ebonwrath x1 $10

• Frost Giants x1 $10

• Orcapocalypse x2 $50

• Mind Your Manors x1 $10

• Figure Case x2 $50

• There Be Dragons x1 $15

• Deathsleet x1 $10

• Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10

• C'thulhu x1 $10

• Swamp Things x1 $5

Was going to be complicated and larger. Guess not...

So in those "bygone days" when you were a "young snot" goblin flinging finger paints at your "rivals"?

Flinging something, you can count on that.

• Like 1