so, when does shipping start?

Bonwirn

I'm all kinds of crazy jeemius. Heck, I can even use manwords!

I bet you can still be fooled into taking silly bets. Like...I bet you can do a handstand while carrying a toad in your mouth!!

Edited by Terra Branford

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have proms for goblins?! Oh god I do not want to touch the punchbowl!!

Wait...... :devil: Do you happen to know.....the Goblin King? Shall we summon his greatness and sing....for old times' sake? Hmm...what kind of magic spell to use....

Edited by Terra Branford
  • Like 4

Goblinoid math, I'm telling you. 10 fingers, 10 toes. Can't count higher than that. And those are the genius goblins who haven't lost appendages in battle, or to hungry goblin children.

Hmm its only upon you pointing those out that I now get what someone said earlier in the topic about boy Goblins counting to 21. That went right over my head last time...

• Like 4

Goblinoid math, I'm telling you. 10 fingers, 10 toes. Can't count higher than that. And those are the genius goblins who haven't lost appendages in battle, or to hungry goblin children.

Hmm its only upon you pointing those out that I now get what someone said earlier in the topic about boy Goblins counting to 21. That went right over my head last time...

Only sometimes. Life can be pretty harsh for goblins...

• Like 1

One of each add-on seems like an easy thing to make up ahead of time thus making it less complex.

It's the ones who cherry picked the add-ons and/or added on extras that makes things harder.

Not necessarily. Remember, Kit's Pledge Manager allowed them to build a big database of what everyone got, and they can sort and query that. Meaning they could run reports that look for everyone with a specific combination of choices.

So it's entirely possible that they could do just the vampires, then set up a pick station for only 5-6 add-ons, and run a query to the database for everyone who had one or more of just those add-ons. Then once they've done that, they set up another pick station for an additional 5-6 add-ons, and run a query for who had any of those 10-12 addons. Rinse and repeat.

So let's say they pull all the dragons for the first pick station after Vampire. That means anyone who got Vampire, and just dragons could ship - even if they got six of each dragon, as long as they got nothing else but a dragon. Sucks for the guy who got a vampire, one dragon, and the giants. But if the next pick station setup is for the giants, then anyone with just vampire, dragons and giants could be picked, regardless of how many each they got. And of course, that sucks for the guy who got just a dragon, a giant and some extra fire elementals.

So on and so forth.

Of course, that's all conjecture, and may not be the way they're doing it at all. It really depends on how Kit built the Pledge Manager database, and how they're using it - bottom line is what's most efficient really comes down to how Kit built the RPM database, and how they can query and track it.

• Like 1

A station for each extra or option would be my choice for organization. While it would be nice to have all the giants together, I know I'd derp something up if I did it that way and had to set these packages up myself. But then, I have some ocd, so I'd be checking and rechecking the list, freaking out if something seems remotely "off" and wasting more time on that than I actually had to spare. You should be glad I'm not in charge then right guys? XD

Edited by Terra Branford

A station for each extra or option would be my choice for organization. While it would be nice to have all the giants together, I know I'd derp something up if I did it that way and had to set these packages up myself. But then, I have some ocd, so I'd be checking and rechecking the list, freaking out if something seems remotely "off" and wasting more time on that than I actually had to spare. You should be glad I'm not in charge then right guys? XD

That really depends on how you define "pick station". I was going by the employee manning it or the table the products are sitting on, rather than the box of product being picked from.

I also used Dragons/Giants to make the hypothetical example easier to type out, in reality, if I were to do it that way, I would actually try and keep similar looking figures away from each other to help prevent errors. So Pick Station #1 might have Wyrmgear, the Fire Elementals and The Fire Giants; while Pick Station #2 would have Kaladrax, Forces of Nature and Cthulu; etc, etc. Each would have A dragon, but no station would have more than one dragon.

Reaper already has a system for pulling multi-part products, so there is a good chance that their idea of a pick station for the Bones KS fulfillment will bear a strong resemblance to the system they already use. Again, my point about the pick stations was to point out that the most efficient system is not always what seems logical to outsiders. I have no actual knowledge of how Reaper is going to do it, but I've run production lines before, so I can envision several different ways that would work, depending on how the database they're pulling orders from is structured.

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 1

Yeah making them groups of different figures would be much easier! It's just that there's so many figures, it's hard to say how big a space you'd need to hold them for the sorting. This also assumes they don't have some of the sturdier ones in bins.

since 10% of people on the internest* would complain about free ice cream if it weren't in their flavor of the minute.

This is, in my experience, literally true. I used to work at TCBY (frozen yogurt shop) and we've done free sample promotions before (meaning, a kiddie-cup size of a few popular flavors sent to a business rather than the sample spoon size or sample paper pouf thing you can try anytime when you walk into the shop).

Heck, I even had people walk out on me because they wanted chocolate and peanut butter swirled. Since they were in different machines, I'd have to put them side-by-side in the cone or cup, but they didn't want it side-by-side, they wanted it swirled and nothing else. I don't want to tell you how many times I was screamed at (I do mean the word "screamed") for not having peanut butter, eggnog, pumpkin, or whatever other odd/rotating or seasonal flavor. But this is completely off the topic of "free ice cream".

But I sort of wonder if the screaming complaints in the Kickstarter aren't sort of like the screaming complaints I got working at TCBY: less about the selfish, self-centered entitlement people have and more about being able to use that as an excuse to vent stress at someone not in a position to complain. Some people do feel "better" by being horrible people to someone else. Especially if that someone else can't "fight back". Sorry, no, peanut butter is out and we won't have it in again until next month. Sorry sir, eggnog is only available after Thanksgiving and into however far into January before our supply runs out. So it's not available until holiday season again. Why, yes, I'll be happy to listen to you rant about how I'm irresponsible, no one ever eats whatever flavor you don't like, no one who's diabetic needs a second no-sugar-added flavor so we should put your favorite flavor in there all the time. I'll let my manager know, or you can speak to them yourself if you'd like to know their schedule for this week. Have a nice day and I'll see you next time. .... ....jerk.

I was a little bummed to see how long it'll take all the orders to ship (I expect that my 2x vampire and 12 add-ons will put me sometime in April. Not sure if early-April or late-April), but it was less for my own sake (I have no "deadlines" at all) and more for the fact that I've worked in enough customer-service type positions to know what sort of bile will be generated from it. I'm deeply shocked and impressed at how Reaper has been able to stay more or less on schedule.

• Like 1

I am pretty much convinced my package will arrive on my doorstep on Wednesday April 17th. USPS usually delivers my packages around noon, which is 11AM local time in Texas, which is when I should be leaving the rental lot at DFW to go to the hotel for ReaperCon...

EDIT: And just to avoid any possible Goblin incursions. The Qwyklings love daddy's toys and will defend them to the death. And I've taught them both to fight dirty when necessary. My 6 year old got a 40lb punching bag for Christmas, at her request.

• Like 3

The thought had occurred to me, as well. We're running out of March, which means my package should be arriving somewhere in April... and Reapercon ain't far off at all, now.

One of each add-on seems like an easy thing to make up ahead of time thus making it less complex.

It's the ones who cherry picked the add-ons and/or added on extras that makes things harder.

I got two Vampires and only about half of the add-ons. Definitely more complex.

Maybe. Was there a "one of everything" option in the pledge manager? I don't remember one and that could make it hard to identify the people who did that correctly. They don't want to ship extras to people and *definitely* don't want to miss the one option where somebody doubled up and wanted extra.

I guess it's possible that their computerized ordering system can handle that special case for them.