ReaperWolf's 2013 events duration?

ReaperWolf

ReaperWolf's roleplay event duration...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer in terms of my event durations?

• Two hour events
    • Three hour events

• Reaper User

Hey gang,

To all of you who played in my events last year or those interested in playing this year, which do you prefer: 2 hour events or 3 hour events?

I'm looking at the schedule and I can see advantages of both.

For 2 hour events I can spread myself out a bit more and run some stuff not associated with this years theme such as Hollow Earth Expedition and Shard. This also allows players to jump into the fun and have a rip-roaring time without having to commit to 3 hours of gaming in one event.

On the other hand 3 hour events are more bang for your buck and allow players to ease into the game without the gamemaster looking at his watch and pressuring the players to stay on task.

>>Joseph

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaperwolf (Joe),

As you know I play a lot of Pathfinder with Rapheal and Pandora (with the blessings of Dresda (add glitter)). They are long sessions of 3 hours a piece. However, in the case of a repeat scenario, I would like to play one of your scenarios but if they all line up, then how do you squeeze in heading to the Reaper facility. If some events (gaming sessions) were shorter then the gamers could also swing by the Reaper facility as well. If we are all locked in to 3 hour slots then the gamers will be stuck at the Hilton the entire time!

I voted two hours!

Lue.

I vote for 3 hour sessions. The reason being that it gives the time needed to immerse players in the game.

I'm not sure how this multiple site thing is going to work out. I realize that space is limited at Reaper but it will really challenge people from picking up games and getting to classes on time. It's starting to feel like 2 separate conventions.

I'd prefer a 2 hour game that's on the same time schedule as classes so that I could theoretically take a class, catch a game, and make it to the next class.

EDIT: I like longer games as much as the next person, but at a con a 4-6 hour game ties up the table all afternoon with an event that only 4-5 people can play. I'd rather see two shorter games that twice as many people can participate in.

Edited by Inarah

• Reaper User

I'm not sure how this multiple site thing is going to work out. I realize that space is limited at Reaper but it will really challenge people from picking up games and getting to classes on time. It's starting to feel like 2 separate conventions.

Although planning is still in progress, I believe my events will be at Reaper HQ to avoid the very thing you mentioned. Things could change though.

More details to follow.

Keep the votes a-comin' folks.

>>ReaperWolf

• Reaper User

Yeah sorry Pole. :(

On the brightside more events and a less tired ReaperWolf.

This also means I'll have like four two hour slots open over the course of the con so I can run Hollow Earth Expedition and a few other fan favorites and maybe an obscure property or two like Shard and Atomic Highway.

Stay tuned, a virtual tidal wave of info is coming your way.

>>ReaperWolf

Yea I imagine it will be easier on you. You deserve a break after last year!

One positive to shorter sessions is they line up with the classes now, so everyone in class can hop in a spot at the game if you are going to be at the warehouse.