Rule sets

Mortanius

My gaming group has been looking to find another rule set that you can level up your guys, kind of like in mordheim. And I that I would give a shout here and see if anyone else has any suggestions. Ay help would be appreciated. I should also add that we prefer that it be a skirmish, not to fond of the idea of mass battles.

Edited by Mortanius

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Song of Blades and Heroes has some basic leveling for short campaigns. If you add Deeds and Glory it's campaign system gets filled out a lot more.

I don't recall Showdown having leveling but its a free download so there is no reason not to check it out. I've never played it, just looked through the rule book.

• Like 1

Song of Blades and Heroes has some basic leveling for short campaigns. If you add Deeds and Glory it's campaign system gets filled out a lot more.

I don't recall Showdown having leveling but its a free download so there is no reason not to check it out. I've never played it, just looked through the rule book.

just for clarification, our group is moving to Savage Worlds, Showdown is a subset of rules :)

http://www.peginc.com/pdfstore/savage-worlds-showdown/

Goalsystem Delves can run in GM mode or Versus mode. S'posed to be good for skirmish (derived from a skirmish ruleset). Has advancement and stuff! You can level up, run side enterprises like thieving, and stuff like that.

http://www.wargamedownloads.com/item.php?item=1065

Interior art is very variable, from charmingly old school to terrible. Cover art is excellent.

Edited by smokingwreckage

Vortex from Unified Game Theory allows you to build whatever you want and also has a campaign system.

I've been looking at any free rules I can get my hands on lately as I'm slapping together some rules for a sci-fi dungeon crawl. So, after seeing your post about Vortex I downloaded the free quickstart rules. Holy moly. The only difference between Vortex and what I was working on (mistakingly thinking I was being "original") is that I have critical hits based on how much you exceed your needed 'to hit' roll. I mean, super similar. It's a small world after all.