Sign in to follow this  
fanguad

Idea - Great Worm Meet and Greet

I like the Worm painting session idea -- and it would be fun to see how each person approaches painting their worm...<giggle>

what about a group worm paint thing as well? something like paint your worm for 30 seconds then pass it to the painter on your left. repeat. Might be fun and you would certainly get a unique piece out of it.

Trying to wait patiently,

Max

• Like 1

I like the Worm painting session idea -- and it would be fun to see how each person approaches painting their worm...<giggle>

what about a group worm paint thing as well? something like paint your worm for 30 seconds then pass it to the painter on your left. repeat. Might be fun and you would certainly get a unique piece out of it.

Max

I like the idea of paint for a bit, swap, paint for a bit, swap, etcetera.

• Like 1

Max

I like the idea of paint for a bit, swap, paint for a bit, swap, etcetera.

Wooo!! Worm draft! We can take a photo of the collective results and make a t-shirt that says, "I went to ReaperCon 2013 and all I got was WORMS!"

• Like 2

Hmmmm.....not really digging the group paint thing. My OCD will wreck havoc on me with that (can't quite match the last guy's colors... :wacko: :wacko: )

However, I did just get mine prepped. I have the first version of the worm, the one in metal with the separate stinger that was dropped in later releases. I don't know how much time I'll be painting with you at the worm table as I will likely be sculpting mostly, but I will be there for it as time allows.

Can't wait!

Andy

hmmm... not too sure about the paint and switch thing but if I have time, I'll give it a try.

I did start my worm last night. It is prepped and the mouth is mostly done. Tonight I will start on the main back colour and move on from there. I'm going for a traditional colour scheme due to the fact that my gaming group is going to start running the old D&D modules and I want to populate our session with Reaper minis!

Yay old school!!!!

• Like 2

Let's just keep it at a get together for now. The paint and switch thing sounds cool, but maybe it's best for that to be a separate event if there are enough people who are interested.

Well, my worm is done. I really like the mouth and the grading of the colour. The only thing that TOTALLY SUCKS is that I missed a bunch of mold lines and I'm too busy/lazy to go back and fix it.

Oh well, I still like him. I think I'll name him Bob.

Now onto the minis I need to paint if I get a chance to go into the Warlord Tournament this year - 3 winter puppies and 2 more hypno-toads.

• Like 1

Will this mini be available for purchase at reapercon?

Almost definately. Unless they run out of stock before we get there.

I am going to wait and paint mine at Reapercon. I am going to try and clean some of these horrid mold lines ahead of time though.