SkaRae Family WIP

redambrosia

I have another project to make minis for a family of draconians, the SkaRae family. These have required heavy modifications, especially for the females, since there's no female draconian types out there.

Here's the first, the patriarch, Koshrel SkaRae, (03316) Kar'Drakir. I've put in spikes to make a fin on his head, took off his base (a total pain in the hand), drilled holes in his back for wings, and sculpted armour on his chest. I'll be sculpting armour and straps on once I get the wings on, which will come after the fin for his head.

koshrelwip1.jpg

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 12

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, my hubby decided he wanted him to have a fin (because silver dragons/draconians have a fin) and the wings fell off, cause I hadn't discovered the joys of pinning things when I made the first one. I decided that if I'm going to have to start all over, because of the fin, I'm going to make it hard on myself and sculpt armour onto him instead of just painting it on. But I'm actually pretty pleased with the way it looks ::):

Promising work so far. I own this model too, I'm curious to see your progress.

I have another project to make minis for a family of draconians, the Ska'rae family. These have required heavy modifications, especially for the females, since there's no female draconian types out there.

Check this out 03403 Na'Kaat it may interest you.

And here is Shae'Narai. I'm using (03534) Sirithis, succubus warrior. Cut off her head and hair, trimmed down the bones, filled in her armour over her boobs. The head is from (03022) Half Bronze dragonman. I've added a snout, and will be adding a fin. I've also added a tail to her which isn't attached right now.

shaewip1.jpg
shaewip2.jpg

• Like 9

the female is coming along really well!! is she a silver as well?

Yep, the whole family is. Which is why I can justify using something w/o scales for the females, since the silvers don't have huge scales (in my hubby's version, that's how he likes them best).

You're quite handy with the greenstuff. These look great. Made me pull out a old TSR box set that I had gotten on the cheap off ebay about 2 years ago, got lucky, to look at them. One day I'll get the gold and silver draconian painted.

Thank you! It's not easy, it's very sticky, and my tools are all huge since I haven't been able to get dentist tools for sculpting (I spent too much on gnomes!), but I try very, very hard, and I even try to limit my swearing while I sculpt. :blink:

Edited by redambrosia

I meant to take pictures before this, but just kept painting and stuff. So here's the latest work on Shae Narai

sheawip4.jpg
Here's the gauntlet that goes on her left arm. If it looks too big, that because it's supposed to.
sheawip5.jpg
(Oh, and I turned the photo upside-down for posting so you could see it right side up. Why I didn't just turn my camera over, I dunno, but there you go.)
And here's Koshrel.
koshrelwip5.jpg
Now, I have a bit of a problem with Koshrel. On the original his armour was silvery-black (adamantite) and his loincloth was green. This looked good. On this version I've found a way to do a nice dark red steel (thank you all!) on the armour, and my husband doesn't want him looking christmasy, so his loincloth can't be green. But he's being most unhelpful in deciding what colour to have it be instead of green.
What would look good with dark red steel and silver (with accents of gold) and not look christmasy?
  • Like 4