Sign in to follow this  
Hellbeard

Cyberpunk character

If you read the blog you already seen this guy. I thought I'd start a thread to post about him here too.

I'm not sure if I'm making too many threads or is the forum a little on the idle side? Mods? Should I make one megathread or is this better?

Working with a reference image I've taken myself.

F4owBEp.jpg

fah0Mdy.jpg

XCYRfZ8.jpg

Z26xgGl.jpg

Edited by Hellbeard
  • Like 5

He's off to a great start.

I have only a few WIP threads, one main one and then ones for special projects, mostly because my WIP posts are as much for my benefit as they are for others as all my notes and color guides are included. So I don't want to have to look through 500 threads to find out what colors I used on something.

I don't think the mods really care about how many you make, you're about the only person keeping this board busy.

He's off to a great start.

I have only a few WIP threads, one main one and then ones for special projects, mostly because my WIP posts are as much for my benefit as they are for others as all my notes and color guides are included. So I don't want to have to look through 500 threads to find out what colors I used on something.

I don't think the mods really care about how many you make, you're about the only person keeping this board busy.

Thanks. I guess I'll continue as I have so far. There are some other posters that frequent here now and again. Maybe I'll help spark more interest. :D

What's the hot water technique?

I found that when it's cold the freshly mixed putty is hard and not sticky so I heated it up a bit on the side of a cup of tea (it left a residue). It seemed that hot temperature causes the Green Stuff to flow more freely, become more sticky, have less surface tension as well as cure faster. What I've done the last couple of sessions is have a cup of hot water to dip my tools in when I need to blend the edges between two masses of putty. Afterwards I just smooth the surface out and I don't have to toil away for ages on disappearing the seam lines.

Also, it's conceivable that once you want your putty to set you can dunk it in a cup of hot water and it'll serve the same purpose as one of those lamp oven things.

What do you think? I haven't come across any adverse effects yet but I haven't been doing it long.

Heh. He's got a BACKPACK! It's one of those things that so often appears on the character sheet but is never represented on the PC model. :D I really like the jacket and that knee pad. This is another mini I'm sure I could find a use for.

Thanks for the tip on the green stuff! I've noticed that green stuff gets harder when it gets COLD, but I hadn't come up with a suitable solution other than "let it thaw out." I suppose I really should have extrapolated from the method for heating up Instant Mold, but for some reason I just hadn't made that connection. I'll have to try that.

P.S. -- I actually like seeing progress in separate threads.

It's better than putting the greenstuff on a lightbulb. 'Burned myself once that way.

Sounds dangerous.

Heh. He's got a BACKPACK! It's one of those things that so often appears on the character sheet but is never represented on the PC model. :D I really like the jacket and that knee pad. This is another mini I'm sure I could find a use for.

Thanks for the tip on the green stuff! I've noticed that green stuff gets harder when it gets COLD, but I hadn't come up with a suitable solution other than "let it thaw out." I suppose I really should have extrapolated from the method for heating up Instant Mold, but for some reason I just hadn't made that connection. I'll have to try that.

P.S. -- I actually like seeing progress in separate threads.

Cool! Thanks for the good feedback. I haven't considered that backpacks were unusual. He needs somewhere to store all the extra gear for doing shadowruns or solving dark conspiracies ;)

I think that's it:

xNVJOCt.jpg

mV5UKdI.jpg

mVsyFGX.jpg\

I'll welcome ideas for another one if anyone has any.

• Like 1