Secret Sophie Show-off and General Rejoicing

NymMoondown

I just got one of my two "unofficial" mini trades. Haldir and I traded,since he missed the first cut-off. He sent me a fantastic version of 2618 Elbereth. Looks like he took the Whiz' course on eyes!. We'll post pictures to show this beauty, hopefully tonight.

Thanks, Randy! You did great!

Actually my eyes are done with Micron pens :poke:

Glad everyone like him, I must say I haven't been keepin up with this topic, but everyone's minis have been outstanding. Like I've said numerous times my other hobby is NASCAR models & they are fun to do, but with mini painting you really get to paint it your own, no worries if you didn't get a paint scheme right or placed that sponser in the right place, plus with minis you can have 5 Elbereths & all 5 will be different, unlike a #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr Bud car (maybe different years but esenssially all the same)

GREAT WORK PEOPLE!!!! ::D:::D:::D:

Randy M

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what I got in the mail today?

Give up.

I got my secret sophie and it is awesome. I have to say thank you thank you thank you Flit. The wait was soooo worth it. You will have to take my word for it cause my camera battery is charging, but I will post pics later.

Gotta go make space in my display case.

Thank you again Flit.

That stinks. It is aweful to put heart & soul into something and then hear absolutly nothing :(

Hopefully he/she is OK. Natedaw could be in the military or something similar cuold have complicated his/her life. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt and if they fail me I just stick with the old addage, People suck ::):

I got something in the mail today!!!

Thanks Dragon Snack!! I love her!!

I got a lovely gladiat(ress?) in gold and purple on a really neat base with my avatar on her shield. :wub::wub:

I currently have her sitting on a piece of rock with a scale full length gilt frame mirror mounted to it so that I can adore both sides at once. I'm going to make a base that is just for her with a mirror after I finish all the commitments I have at the moment (2 exchanges and a private trade, in addition to the 4sale stuff :rolleyes: )

I will have pictures of her by this weekend at the latest. If you have photos you'd like to post before then, D.S., have at.

And again, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Orchid - ::D:

Whew, two weeks, bad PO (like I should talk)...

I'm SOOO glad you like it. This mini was a bear. I dunked it 4 times and considered a 5th (I very rarely dunk a mini). She SCREAMS NMM, but I knew from your posts you liked metallics. I had to do some major surgery on it too, since it was a bad cast (the shield still needs work, I didn't have needle files then). Even the wash gave me fits, then the bubble in the clear coat (the DS on the shield covers that since I couldn't get it out). If I had hair before this mini, I would have pulled it out...

Here's what I have for pics (I actually touched up some things after I took these).

ON_01.jpgON_02.jpg

Now that that's done, where's my mini?

Whew, two weeks, bad PO (like I should talk)...

Somewhere a 1 got turned into a 0 in the address, so I was actually impressed with the time. ::o:

I'm SOOO glad you like it.  This mini was a bear.  I dunked it 4 times and considered a 5th (I very rarely dunk a mini).  She SCREAMS NMM, but I knew from your posts you liked metallics.  I had to do some major surgery on it too, since it was a bad cast (the shield still needs work, I didn't have needle files then).  Even the wash gave me fits, then the bubble in the clear coat (the DS on the shield covers that since I couldn't get it out).  If I had hair before this mini, I would have pulled it out...

I had my other half almost slapping my hand everytime I considered "the dunk" on Benhamtroll's, so I know what 'ya mean! :lol::lol: Don't worry, I love her, really. :wub:

Just remember, what you just sent me is proof that patience pays off. :;):

Here she is against both a light and dark background, a little large, but I hope I compressed it enough for everyone speedwise.

gladiatrix.jpg

Your pictures look better than mine. The really neat part of the base is still hidden though...

Somewhere a 1 got turned into a 0 in the address, so I was actually impressed with the time. ::o:

Yikes, good thing it got there at all then. ::(:

Just remember, what you just sent me is proof that patience pays off. :;):

Yes, I'm patient. I would like a hint that it's still coming though...