14093 - Finari, Crusader's Hero

Tranquil Ape

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, just punching up the white balance helped a bit, but I had a feeling the backdrop is grey?

Actually its white... thought i set it correctly. used the camera to set it and took a pic of the background alone, then the camera said it set the wb accordingly, maybe ill try it on auto. as for lights, i have two 8inch "clamp" lights pointed on this spot. I suppose i could grab another next time im at home depot, and ill try to fix the WB for next time. Appreciate all the advice fellas.

Not a white balance issue. FWIW, your white balance looks reasonable.

It's an exposure issue, instead.

Your camera will expose to get approximately a light-medium gray average exposure. If most of the field of the photo is white, the camera will read that as overexposed and reduce the exposure to "fix" the "problem" and get the average to gray. If most of the field is black, the camera will read that as underexposed and overexpose to make things gray again.

Add exposure compensation with a white background, use a gray background, or shoot in manual and control the exposure yourself.

• Like 1

If you look at my picture drop of late I use 75% gray background. I got the paper from the scrapbooking section of Michael's.

ETA: I dropped your picture into Photoshop. It looks like your "film speed" is also too fast. If you can drop the ISO to 100 you'll get better results too.

Edited by psyberwolfe1