What's the first mini from the KS you will be painting?

pinkymadigan

I will probably play with the translucents first. Then, will probably paint any PCs (there is at least one), and then the rest will be probably go into my random painting slot method.

Edit: That is after my children (8 and 10) pick out the ones they want. I have deliberately ordered two Vampires to encourage this sort of behaviour :)

Edited by Sanwah
  • Like 1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: That is after my children (8 and 10) pick out the ones they want. I have deliberately ordered two Vampires to encourage this sort of behaviour :)

See, now all this time I thought vampiric encouragement was a sort of undead peer-pressure that you might, for a example, find in a graveyard fraternity.

Stragh Von Scaerovich: "But come on, gargoyle, ah ha ha. It's fun!"

Gargoyle: "Look, Stragh . . . mummy, wolfie. I like you guys, but I just don't think I want to drink from this guy's head, y'know?"

Stragh: "But everybody's doink it! You vant to be kool don't you? Tell him volfie."

Wolfie: "Snort, huff! Yeahhhh. Allll the cool kids in the graveyard are doing it, huff, growl. Come on, be one of us."

*around the goblin hearthfire. where the story is being told*

Mama goblin: "And that's how your poor Uncle Buglips got addicted to Bones the hoomans convinced him to try."

Goblin boy: "Mama? I ain't a-never gonna do no Bones! Never!"

Mama goblin: "And what do you say if somebody invites you to a paint and take?"

Goblin kids: "Yoogers are boogers! Sticks and stones, don't want no Bones!"

• Like 7

I'm admittedly a bit nervous about starting with any of the huge minis...but I've been thinking a lot about the hydra. I've been thinking about using a yellow / orange color scheme - am I crazy?

I really love the evil characters too - the knights, devils, wizards are my faves right now.

Of course the orks, halflings, gnomes, dark elves look great too.

Did I mention that I like the pirates a lot? The giants? The griffin?

Oh he'll. I don't know - I want to paint them all!

• Like 1

I should probably mention I've forgotten what all I'm getting. Sure, I could go look, but it's more like Christmas this way.

I had it forgotten before I filled out the pledge manager. If I remember correctly, it's a large fries, an order of sushi, a lichodractopus, and some sort of snaggletooth.

Personally, I can't wait to paint that sushi.

• Like 7

New plan: I want to introduce my kids to D&D (basic edition, I still have some of my old stuff, somewhere in my batcave).

Deal is, they pick minis out of my stash to represent their character, and I paint them.

Having two kids asking every other day if their mini is painted oughta give me some motivation...

• Like 2

New plan: I want to introduce my kids to D&D (basic edition, I still have some of my old stuff, somewhere in my batcave).

Deal is, they pick minis out of my stash to represent their character, and I paint them.

Having two kids asking every other day if their mini is painted oughta give me some motivation...

Or lead to the mysterious disappearance of the children.

• Like 1

New plan: I want to introduce my kids to D&D (basic edition, I still have some of my old stuff, somewhere in my batcave). Deal is, they pick minis out of my stash to represent their character, and I paint them. Having two kids asking every other day if their mini is painted oughta give me some motivation...
Or lead to the mysterious disappearance of the children.

"The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe of Shame"

Little Lucy looks for a place to hide while her brother counts and stumbles into dad's Man Cave. So many wondrous things on the shelves, but nowhere to hide really. She was about to leave when she noticed the oddly out of place wardrobe in the back corner.

Hearing her brother countdown reach its completion she ran for the wardrobe, opened it, and stuffed her tiny frame onto the bottom shelf amidst the boxes and boxes of unassembled model. Lucy wiggled about trying to get comfortable when she suddenly took a step back into an open space. Eyes open wide in surprise and wonder she pushed herself out of the wardrobe and into the dim lights of a room of men and machines.

General Rauchias and his advisors stared in confused horror as what appeared to be a human child suddenly stumbled out from under the holo-table. It appeared female with barely more than half a dozen years of maturation. When her gaze finally came around to him and his men she froze in horror and she began stuttering as she tried to find her words.

“It’s a witch,” one of them cried as he reached for his sidearm, “kill it before it finishes muttering its foul spell!” he screamed.

“For the love of the Emperor, it’s only a child you crazy old fool,” the General said as he rolled his eyes, “She probably got separated from her family during the last shelling and hid in here for cover.” He kneeled down to level his eyes with the child’s. “What is your name, girl?”

“L-Lucy, sir. What, may I ask, is your name and where am I?” Lucy finally managed. The old goat chuckled at Lucy suddenly finding her courage. He liked her already. “I am Brigadier General Rauchias IV, but you can call me Thomnas. You are in the Imperial Guard command bunker on Narnia Prime.”

I’ll leave the rest to your imaginations.

Edited by Girot
  • Like 6

I'm glad a lot of people are planning to jump in right away with translucents. I've tried painting some of the existing Bones minis and found it easy to paint them with the Reaper MSP paints I have. I have some concern as to whether different paints or different techniques will be needed for translucents, just because they are a different type of plastic. It may be they are just as easy to paint, but I'm hoping those brave souls who are among the first to try to paint these will share your experiences and let the rest of us knows what works and doesn't work with those.

I'm glad a lot of people are planning to jump in right away with translucents. I've tried painting some of the existing Bones minis and found it easy to paint them with the Reaper MSP paints I have. I have some concern as to whether different paints or different techniques will be needed for translucents, just because they are a different type of plastic. It may be they are just as easy to paint, but I'm hoping those brave souls who are among the first to try to paint these will share your experiences and let the rest of us knows what works and doesn't work with those.

A few folks got them early and have been posting their experiences with the translucent Bones. Try these threads.