03638: Orson Lugrum, Evil Wizard (Winter Exchange)

CashWiley

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The various degrees of purple used as shades in most things really bring the piece together then you've got that great slightly desaturated blue to break up all the gray and purple which makes the imps stand out but not draw your attention to them. I think this is one of the best pieces posted on this forum this year and quite honestly last year as well just because of the composition of the art.

• Like 3

I'm speechless at such kind words.

Well, almost. :bday:

I spent a LOT of time with color choices, it's really going to be tough for me for a while. I painted swatches (25 hues) and a (horribad) 2d painting of the model in color. Pretty much in the same place with my current Bethalian project. I think it was easier for something with source material like Ororo or instructions like the L2PKs, which has been the majority of my painting (10 of my 13 painted to date).

So to hear you say that means so much to me, I'm happy to have done something right with all that effort!

My inspiration is mostly 2d artists like Brom, Frazetta and Gurney. To get that compliment means more than you'll ever know, because that's what it's all about to me. Not mini painting trends or painting for gaming, but trying to create pieces of art. That's why I keep being tough on myself and have sooo far to go.

I also really wanted to push myself for my first mini exchange and then worried I got too experimental and weird :)

• Like 1