Potty time, excellent!

recruittons

So yeah, I'm really excited and super proud of my little bunnygirl, Romana, as she did her first pees in the potty today, twice in a row! She even took her own diaper off the second time and brought a new one when she was done!

I know, it's silly, but my little girly is getting so big! I had to gush a little ::D:

And now, an amusing and embarrassing photo of the young lass. Photo by Mommy, hipster-filter by Mommy. Caption by uncle Dylan

223459_10152535798175542_2033569773_n.jp

• Like 12

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Yeah, I am just really excited mostly because she's 18 months and I remember struggling so hard with my twins to get them potty trained. My son is high-functioning autistic, so he took much longer than average to get there and his twin sister would slow her own developmental progress to match him (not uncommon, I'm told). So I had them in diapers until they were 4+. If my youngest can get out of diapers by 2, I'll be elated ::D:

• Like 1

I used to be able to go to the bathroom in privacy.

Now I have two cats, and it's a spectator sport...

One of my rather Large hyperactive Bengals figured out how to stand up and pull the leaver down so he can get into the bathroom with me at the WORST possibles times... like when I have a house full of people. So I just take him into the bathroom with me and run some water in the tub and let him play.

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 1

My boy is three and has been going on the potty for about 8 months now. Ironically, his 2 year old sister went on the potty before he did, but now she has no interest and is happy with diapers. We bribed the boy with "pee pee candy" if he went in the potty but the only thing the girl wants is princess themed pull-ups... but she doesn't want them enough to go to the potty to get them!

• Like 1

We calculated we are saving about $50-70 a month now with both kids out of pull ups. About the only good thing is my daughter is a bit of a peanut and my son is quickly becoming a beast so for a short spell before they both stopped, they were both in the same size, so we didn't have to grab different ones, we just grabbed what was there. Sometimes, Matthew got Dora and Erin got Diego, but neither cared.

• Like 1