Darksword: The Frog King

Today, I've been working on my first mini for the recently joined Pathfinder game I'm in. My character is a Gribbli, but I wasn't able to find anything truly suitable for him. Instead, I got this amazing little guy from Marsya as part of a trade (which I totally feel like a jerk for not reciprocating on yet. I need to make it down to the FLGS soon :upside: )

Anyway! I spent a good potion of the day painting this guy up. I finally got my wet palette going after being without it for... since I started painting. I actually thinned my paints this time! I'm incredibly happy with how he turned out, even the NMM on the scepter and crown.

post-8231-0-50202500-1361768277.jpgpost-8231-0-10202300-1361766715.jpg

Anyway, C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by ::D:

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 18
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really like this one. It's so awesome to see your improvement since we've been posting these little guys.

The blending is indeed splendid, and nice speculars. Great color choices and the accent of the spotted fur on the robe is perfect.

If I had to find a criticism, I'd say the scepter's shaft is a bit lackluster compared to the rest of him. Maybe some ring highlights under the gem and then vertical nmm gold accents down the shaft? Not saying I could do it :p Just an idea, and the model doesn't suffer for it. Looks great.

• Like 2

Nice job on the eyes, in particular.

Thank you! I've been playing a lot with my Tentacles and Eyeballs KS rewards, so I've had some practice with oversized eyes lately while painting my peepers, floatings eyes, and tentaclopses.

Going with the blue poison dart frog color scheme, I was tempted to do the eyes they have, solid black, but that seems bland and inhuman. This guy is supposed to be my "avatar" on the game board, so a bit more life in the eyes is always good ::D:

Nice job on the eyes, in particular.

Thank you! I've been playing a lot with my Tentacles and Eyeballs KS rewards, so I've had some practice with oversized eyes lately while painting my peepers, floatings eyes, and tentaclopses.

Going with the blue poison dart frog color scheme, I was tempted to do the eyes they have, solid black, but that seems bland and inhuman. This guy is supposed to be my "avatar" on the game board, so a bit more life in the eyes is always good ::D:

felt the same way about the shark eyes and really was back and forth about it. I stuck with the black as I was going for a meaner look but think in this case you made a good choice. These are more cartoonylooking and the eyes add personality. Nicely done! ::):

• Like 2