Sign in to follow this  
Slashhamster

More Bones: 77009 Werewolf, 77007 Ghost, 77028 - Gargoyle, 77022

Here's my next pair of completed Bones. I think in general these are a step back from my first two.

77009 - Werewolf

post-9097-0-92565700-1361807476_thumb.jpg

Went with a pretty basic color scheme here, so there wasn't really that much to it. The eyes are supposed to be green, but I think it's a bit too subtle, and I should have picked a more vibrant green.

77007 - Ghost

post-9097-0-56661500-1361807475_thumb.jpg

This was my first attempt at base modification. It was largely a trial by error, and the end results show it. I don't think i did a sufficient job in disguising the original base. As far as the ghost himself, I was trying for a decaying look on the flesh, however I think it ended up just looking like a poor paint job. wacko.png I also mixed my own wash for the cloth, and think I ended up too thinned and/or too much flow improver. I had some of the ring effect when it dried, and had to do a lot of cleanup. He's also not quite this blue in person; it's more blue-grey.

Next up for me is 77011 - Dwarf Warrior. I don't have the LTPKs, but I plan to do him in the style of that kit. CashWiley's work on a similar dwarf here is really inspiring.

---

I've also got 2 bonus figures, done by my wife, who decided she wanted to give this a try as well. I bought her Michelle, the Ranger as I thought it would make a good rogue, which is her favorite archetype.

post-9097-0-81258200-1361807481_thumb.jpg

She is particularly happy with the eyepatch, a personal touch from her characters.

Lastly, 77028 - Gargoyle:

post-9097-0-30995300-1361807483_thumb.jpg

She cranked this one out very quickly. Gotta love gargoyles, you can be fast and they still look great!

• Like 8

These are all great! I wouldn't call that werewolf a step back at all! It's very well done, good brush control, colors are wonderfully chosen. Overall fantastic. The ghost, well... the ghost is the ghost. It's hard to make it too spectacular. It's a very good paint job, though, with beautiful eye-catching colors ::D:

Your wife's minis are all cool. The gargoyle is just what you'd expect. And Michelle, while she could use some more highlights, is a very find job indeed!

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 1

And Michelle, while she could use some more highlights, is a very find job indeed!

I kept telling her that too. "More highlights, more highlights!", and she'd say "But she's a rogue! She hangs around in shadows!" Hard to argue with that logic... ik_wink.gif

• Like 1

True enough... One could argue that her pose is one of devilish entrance to a scene though! Like she just dropped out of a tree, or off of a roof into the middle of a fight and is about the slice faces off :lol:

Great work! Yeah, the color scheme on the werewolf might be basic, but it turned out really well. I was thinking of possibly doing a similar scheme with my third wolf... seeing it done up, I think I'm definitely going to go ahead and give it a shot.

Definitely a

on that rogue :)

I remember the first eye patch I did on a miniature. I completely stuffed up the eye and didn't want to redo the face so I painted on a quick eye patch. Cut to about two years later and the wife is like... "wait, you didn't plan the eye patch?!"

Hope she planned hers, it looks great!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Even the man who says his prayers / Before going to bed at night /
      May turn to WOLF when the wolfsbane blooms / and the moon is high and bright." --Apocryphal rhyme

DOCTOR. A very pestilent disease, my lord,
      They call lycanthropia... 
      In those that are possess'd with 't there o'erflows
      Such melancholy humour they imagine
      Themselves to be transformed into wolves;
      Steal forth to church-yards in the dead of night,
      And dig dead bodies up: as two nights since
      One met the duke 'bout midnight in a lane
      Behind Saint Mark's church, with the leg of a man
      Upon his shoulder; and he howl'd fearfully;
      Said he was a wolf, only the difference
      Was, a wolf's skin was hairy on the outside,
      His on the inside...
       --The Duchess of Malfi

Body horror, puberty, loss of control, loved ones acting out of character, cannibalism, madness, things more savage and bloodthirsty than we thought man or beast could be--it's a rich vein of horror. The further back you go, the more blurred the distinction between vampire and werewolf and witch becomes, but as a general rule what we now consider to be vampires are specifically betrayers of hospitality and home; like de Rais and Bathory, they commit their crimes behind closed doors. Werewolves, on the other hand, are given to savagery outdoors, in the lanes, under the moonlight, in the moors and lonesome places.

It is appropriate then, that Julie Guthrie's werewolf 02139, is named DuChamps--of the fields. Here he is, in form much more wolf than man.

These two pictures are behind the Spoilers tab because, while Julie did not necessarily have to sculpt Jean-Paul's werescrote and transmogrified lycanthrodong, she did that. She did that for us, because she's a PROFESSIONAL and doesn't take shortcuts. I don't think it rises to indecency, but better safe. Will delete and link if the need arises.

Next up. the truly monstrous Werewolf, 77009. Those familiar with the role-playing game "Werewolf!" from White Wolf will recognize this as a Crinos form. Enormous, savage, horrific. This is about a 50/50 mix of Man and Wolf, but with the features dialed up to 11. I had fun painting hair on the smoother human limbs.

And lastly, a Nolzur's werewolf I had on the Shelf of Shame. This one is mostly human but with a wolf's head and claws. 

A note on the full moon: it's just a Nolzur's disc base painted white and poked with paintbrush ends of varying sizes during the drying phase to simulate craters. I may have to do some more of this with discs of different sizes and colors for Spacefuture shots, because multiple moons convey Other Worlds the way zeppelins convey Alternate Histories.
    • By Ducknuck84
      So after trying out a verdigris  effect on the bronze shield of a Skeletal Swordsman I thought that the mixture would also work well for a ghostly figure minus the isopropyl alcohol.
      enter 77007 Ghost mini.
      Mixture: 1 drop naga green, 2 drops Dragon blue, 1 drop dragon white, 2 drops water.
      If needing to speed paint I found that a light wash leaves enough of the white plastic showing and could negate having to go back with white highlights later. Here I just did a single base coat. Think I will do one more base coat and then move on to shade, though i'm not sure what i'll use to darken it as i think black might be too dark, mountain grey maybe? then i'll use some maggot white for highlights.
      In hindsight i forgot to shave the mold lines in my hast to see how the mixture would look on the mini

• By Laoke
      So while I've been painting some figures, my delightfully talented wife has been indulging her artistic streak.  Basically she saw my feeble attempts, said "hold my tea!" and proceeded to give me a much needed humility lesson : )
      While I've taught her everything I know, I in no way have taught her everything she knows... and it shows a bit, especially with her freehand : )

77501: Minotaur
      He's big, he's blue, and he's coming to a labyrinth near you!

77022: Michelle, Female Human Ranger
      I just adore the shading & freehand on her cloak.

77441: Ostarzha, Elf Cleric
      The freehand on this is very subtle and hard to see, but utterly gorgeous.

Translucent Green Weapon Sprue

And while it doesn't really fit here, I can't see myself making a separate topic for it.  Here's one of the green weapon sprue weapons I painted up with Tamiya Clear Green on the blade & pommel.

Whosoever pulls this sword from this lump of blue "granite" will be the Queen of the Kingdom!

• By dmpv01
      Bones: Michelle, Female Human Ranger.

• By Sophie was taken
      Just a quick and simple paint, nothing fancy. Couldn’t resist picking it up though, because every tabletop needs a werewolf (even if that tabletop has nobody to play with):

He’s very shiny. I couldn’t find my brush-on sealer and had to use PVA sealer, which is always glossier than the label says. 

His fur is supposed to be mottled grey/white and brown/black, but I never know how to paint the not-obviously furry parts, and usually default to bare skin. In this case, Dark Elf Skin. So I guess he’s a drow werewolf.

Also, this:

Look at at that eye! It’s a halfway decent eye (even if it isn’t quite human)! Calling the whole thing a win on that basis. C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)