Origins - Who's coming to town?

SamuraiJack

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Convention about 1/2 the size of Gencon held in Columbus Ohio Convention Center (This year june 12-17th). Different people like one or the other better. I have two freinds that rave over Gencon. I have only been once. It was too big and too spread out for me. I love Origins. But it has been getting smaller since the moved it earlier in the year. Gencon was moving earlier so they moved Origins earlier to keep the spread per Origins. Off course Gencon has not moved yet so some one is feeding us a line.

Last year it was in May and attendence was down because the teachers and people with kids in school could not attend. This year it is only a week earlier that it's traditional weekend before/after the 4th of July. This is probably more than you wanted to know so I will stop now.

• Members

Thats because Comfest is the weekend of the 23rd and its crazy downtown when that happens.. Gencon said they were moving as part of their renegotiation tactics with Indy.. When Origins moved, it made our local Sci-Fi convention move (and they let the hotel force them into Easter weekend from Memorial Day) which has just about killed the Sci-fi convention.. :(

I'll see what I can do to organize somethng.. once we get closer and get a full headcount we can either just have a small meet up at the Con, or I can get us some space at a restaurant type place..

I attended my first Origins last year. I only had a day pass though, and spent most of my time in the vender hall, buying stuff and playing game demos. I'm going to try to attend again this year, perhaps for another day even. There is so much to do and see that its hard to plan much out. Sadly, the Origins website is near useless in terms of information, so that doesn't help either. :P

The paint and take event last year was what convinced me to pick up a ton of MSP bottles. :)

• Like 1