Semi-OT: Starting an RPG campaign in Taltos

Just an FYI, I'm getting ready to start GM-ing a Labyrinth Lord + AEC campaign for my gaming group. They'll be playing Taltos. I'm basing most of the fluff on the 1st ed. faction books, but some of it is just my own tweaks. I've set up an Obsidian Portal page for it, too.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/battle-for-taltos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on having the PCs be pretty new to the setting ("Freshies"), so they'll have a chance to discover the factions as they go and develop their own opinions about them. It's not necessary that they ally with one group or the other, but the option is there.

I'm thinking that the Reven, the Reptus and Necropolis haven't emerged as major players yet. Denelspire has been re-taken by Gerard, and Ashkrypt rules at Craclaw. I also think the mystery of the Reaper under Thule may play a part.

There is a Reaper Apocalypse book from quite a few years ago, which is similar in format to the original World of Greyhawk set. It gives a lot of information on the areas around Taltos and beyond and is well done. I have it and have used it for a Rolemaster game. There is also a d20 adventure set in Reaper's world, which you can likely find cheap on eBay. Good luck!

Is that book on ebay what came in the box set? I've been looking for the boxed set a while now.

Purchased! Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Kengar

First session is tonight. I'm stoked!

I think that I'll let them knock around Port Gangrel a little, tossing a few plot hooks out and maybe a tussle with some local thugs. I want to get a feel for what they want to pursue as a group (and individually).

• Like 1