Sign in to follow this  
Shane

The Old Gnome

Hi all, I finished this bust last year but didn't take any decent pictures until yesterday. Anyway It's the old gnome bust by War Griffon Miniatures (Model Display Products).

There is a slight conversion as on the original he's holding the pipe in his hand but when I attended my dads wedding last year he had some of these plastic jewels as part of the table display so I employed several small children and got them to nab them all smiley.gif in the hope of finding one that would fit correctly.

001_zps28396ee6.jpg

002_zps5c81e7a2.jpg

003_zpsbd61c7f4.jpg

004_zpsac5791da.jpg

005_zpsd32e41e2.jpg

Crits and comments welcome :)

• Like 22

I normally don't care for busts, HOWEVER your WONDERFULLY DONE piece is both the exception & EXCEPTIONAL. The things that make the piece for moi is the way you captured the skin tones of an old Guy...the redness under the eyes & the age/liver spots in particular; AND the wood grain on the brier pipe is PERFECT. FANTASTIC WORK!

• Like 1

I normally don't care for busts

butt man, eh? seriously though, i agree, not may favorite style of sculpt, but this guy is very evocative. sooo much character; very impressive.

• Like 3