Sign in to follow this  
brushforhire

Well here is my entry for the Wamp forum Avatars of War contest.

I am reasonably happy with the result. There are some truely amazing entries over there so if you haven't yet, go and check it out. Still playing with doing different things with mettalics. Trying to give them some color in the darkest recesses. My camera skills still suck, but I'm working on it. LoL.

One other note, I am also working on trying to do actual color schemes using the colorwheel. I think it went pretty well. I think the pink flower on the back of the totem is one of my favorite parts.

post-3947-0-29549200-1362067887_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

In the moment I hate high detailed miniatures (Ok, I do not really hate them.), because they need so much time and concentration. And there is always something I don't see.

I like what you did. The axe is really cool and I like the juwel. It is still something I need to train...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crissair
      This lil guy had been sitting on my shelf for a while. Decided to tint some metallic w blue paint for his armor. Pretty happy how it turned out. As always, feedback is welcome

• By JadenZion
      So, I just had to show off this pic.  I'm playing in a 5e Rappan Athuk campaign, and needed to make 3 characters.  I chose to model mine after the characters from the old Lost Vikings video game.  

In order from left to right:
      Olaf the Stout, Life Domain Cleric.
      Baelog the Fierce, Totem Warrior Barbarian.
      Erik the Swift, Battlenaster Fighter (my main).

Sorry, I just really loved this picture.  

• By JadenZion
      I liked painting the dark skin of this one, as opposed to the lighter skinned dwarves I've been doing.  I enjoyed this one a lot!  It'll finish out my trio of dwarves for the current campaign I'm in.  

• By JadenZion
      Meh, needed a cleric for my party.  Seemed a decent fit.  

• By Maledrakh
      So I needed a break from all the Bones 4 minis. And dug into the Bones 3 stash for variations sake.
      I found one of my old modules -The Village of Hommlet, and spent some time reading. Ah, The Moathouse! Brings back memories!
      And I got inspired to do the Bandits from the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion, as they were similar in style to the ones I recently painted. And to flesh out the band, I added a couple of other Bones 3 minis that were in the same drawer, and that I thought might fit in a band of robbers.
      One quick paint job later:

I want your money...and your life!
      From the "Dwarf Kings Companions" add-on set, this is the
      77574 Dwarf Royal Weaponmaster
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      30mm base

Just add the bones 4 ones to this lot, and there we have a goodly group of bandits.  Or a unit of irregulars / rabble or whatnot in some wargame or other.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)