Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Orange goblin numero deux

So here's the second in my little series of orangey colored goblins. Did a front and a back on again just for fun, hope you all enjoy! As usual the NMM metal kicks my petard, but oh well, at this pace I might actually end up being decent at it in another fifteen to twenty years.

post-1758-0-87530900-1362110518.jpg

post-1758-0-06112200-1362110528.jpg

• Like 16

That may be the most pristine goblin blade in the history of goblinkind. I prefer to do members of the goblin family in shades ranging from yellow, orange, red, and browns. I like what you've done.

• Like 1

I like it. Very gobliney. And I like your color choices for his clothing which contrasts well with his orange skin.

Edited by zoroaster100

Yeah, I keep thinking I want to make their weapons a little rusty or something, but something always stops me. Some kind of rust-fobia maybe. Or maybe he just takes really good care of his stuff. A goblin clean freak!

• Like 1

Yeah, I keep thinking I want to make their weapons a little rusty or something, but something always stops me. Some kind of rust-fobia maybe. Or maybe he just takes really good care of his stuff. A goblin clean freak!

Buglips won't take well to this...

• Like 1

Buglips won't take well to this...

We're a varied group you know. Some of us are very neat and orderly. Not many, but some. In any case, he could as easily just have freshly stolen that sword. Me, I like to keep mine nice and rusty. If the cut doesn't get ya, the tetanus will.

• Like 2

That's not a real goblin! His armour (and sword) are too well taken care of. Everyone knows that gobbies don't take good care of their stuff, which is why adventurers are justified in taking away their nice things.

On another note, all these orange gobbies are making me want to paint one really, really orange.

• Like 2

I was the exact same way for the longest time. I was too afraid to mess up my NMM with an attempted rust job. Thinned glazes of a few shades of browns or oranges in the right places can really make it look good. You're a strong painter, and I'd like to encourage you to get away from your comfort zone and just do it. Once you do, you'll be pleased at the realism you've added and won't go back.

Excellent goblin. I can't wait to get a horde of my own. I'm debating between painting them all a standard color, or giving them a rainbow paint scheme a la Goblins Comic

I was the exact same way for the longest time. I was too afraid to mess up my NMM with an attempted rust job. Thinned glazes of a few shades of browns or oranges in the right places can really make it look good. You're a strong painter, and I'd like to encourage you to get away from your comfort zone and just do it. Once you do, you'll be pleased at the realism you've added and won't go back.

It's probably just a bit of commitment phobia. I've done rusty stuff before:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:DF-170.JPG

which turned out okay, but it's just actually wanting decide to do it I think more than anything else. Making the commitment, taking the plunge. Good news/bad new is the next Goblin on the docket doesn't have much going as far as metal to rust up, but maybe one of htese days I'll be grabbing another one and can make him a little more dirt-appropriate..